Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Time of Testing is Coming for Obama

Default Re: A Time of Testing is Coming for Obama

riiiight...

"Most of us have been too fixated by the spectacle of our country being overturned by Marxist revolutionary zealots to pay much attention to external threats. But in the meantime, our enemies have been watching as the US shows no will to fight, and no inclination to oppose aggression with anything stronger than teleprompted words. Surely, they must think, - this situation will not last, and that now is the time for adventurism. I do not believe we have long to wait."

I'm sure the author's plan is that we should attack every nation and organization he listed?

"
    Iran, Syria, Hamas, Hezbollah, North Korea, Russia, China, and Al Qaeda"

I would consider fighting two wars against nations that were considered "hostile" as a good sign we are willing to fight and that we have an inclination to oppose aggression.

Do you suggest we just run
    blindfolded into every country that harbors terrorists, start spinning in circles until we hit a couple of them with our sticks and see what we end up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    riiiight...

"Most of us have been too fixated by the spectacle of our country being overturned by Marxist revolutionary zealots to pay much attention to external threats. But in the meantime, our enemies have been watching as the US shows no will to fight, and no inclination to oppose aggression with anything stronger than teleprompted words. Surely, they must think, - this situation will not last, and that now is the time for adventurism. I do not believe we have long to wait."

I'm sure the author's plan is that we should attack every nation and organization he listed?

"
    Iran, Syria, Hamas, Hezbollah, North Korea, Russia, China, and Al Qaeda"

I would consider fighting two wars against nations that were considered "hostile" as a good sign we are willing to fight and that we have an inclination to oppose aggression.

Do you suggest we just run
    blindfolded into every country that harbors terrorists, start spinning in circles until we hit a couple of them with our sticks and see what we end up with?
    There you go letting facts get in the way of sensationalism again, Schlottke. Shame on you.

From the perspective of our enemies, how is this administration shaping up in the area of strength and resolve? Under little or no pressure, Obama withdrew missile defenses in Eastern Europe. He has created deadlines and threatened sanctions against Iran which have been ignored without consequences. He has refused to confront Islamic jihad, treating the threat as a criminal issue, and been unwilling to address the theological roots of the conflict. When Russia orchestrated a coup in Kyrgyzstan, the Obama administration did not react. When China insisted that Obama not meet with the Dalai Lama, he backed down. When our military leaders recommended a surge in Afghanistan, Obama waffled for months, finally agreeing, but with the proviso that the troops be pulled out in 18 months. The 4th generation advanced fighter (Raptor) program was cancelled, as was our manned space program. Missile defense development has been curtailed. The primary military initiative of this administration has been political correctness with respect to Muslim extremists, the equal treatment of homosexuals in the army, and prosecuting Seals and CIA agents.

Damn, that Obama is such a pussy I always forget to check the American Thinker. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    From the perspective of our enemies, how is this administration shaping up in the area of strength and resolve? Under little or no pressure, Obama withdrew missile defenses in Eastern Europe. He has created deadlines and threatened sanctions against Iran which have been ignored without consequences. He has refused to confront Islamic jihad, treating the threat as a criminal issue, and been unwilling to address the theological roots of the conflict. When Russia orchestrated a coup in Kyrgyzstan, the Obama administration did not react. When China insisted that Obama not meet with the Dalai Lama, he backed down. When our military leaders recommended a surge in Afghanistan, Obama waffled for months, finally agreeing, but with the proviso that the troops be pulled out in 18 months. The 4th generation advanced fighter (Raptor) program was cancelled, as was our manned space program. Missile defense development has been curtailed. The primary military initiative of this administration has been political correctness with respect to Muslim extremists, the equal treatment of homosexuals in the army, and prosecuting Seals and CIA agents.

Damn, that Obama is such a pussy I always forget to check the American Thinker. Thanks for sharing!
    I've never read the American Thinker, but what portion of the above paragraph is incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I've never read the American Thinker, but what portion of the above paragraph is incorrect?
    I'd be interested in hearing Washed explain that, too.

I'm willing to bet you find yourself disappointed.

1) He "abandoned" an unproven and incredibly expensive, unproven technology. Do you fear Russia or Iran? Little or no pressure? How does the writer know what negotiations were between US and Russia and why he came to that decision?
    2) What sanctions have been ignored and by whom?
    3) Preposterous.
    4) How does the writer know what the response was? Is he privvy to some special information and if so why doesn't he share that?
    5) Out and out lie. http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/18/obama.dalailama/index.html
    6) Waffling as perceived by the far right. As opposed to his predecessor, he actually sought out a variety of opinions and ultimately did exactly what the far right wanted. His "deadline" is a road map. How many decades should the US stay there and how many more billions and human lives should be sacrificed to win a war that is unwinnable in the long run?
    7) Why would we "cancel" the 4th Gen Raptor 22? Maybe a little more research by the writer would have provided facts, but the far right are innoculated from facts.
    8) If Obama called for further manned missions, the far right would have screamed that he should abandon it and put the billions to better use in our scientific explorations of the galaxy. Other than the space station, there is no further need for manned missions. The technology now is much cheaper and more effective in exploring space.
    9) Missle defense is so unproven that funds would be better spent in other areas to defend our country from fear mongered armageddon.
    10) Lastly, this demagogue loses his last scintilla of credibility with his insane last opinion.

This Obama hater is far from a reasoned thinker. Only the far right buys into his unresearched opinions.

Now, gentleman, I will be in front of the tube watching the Penguins defeat the Canadians, the defending world champion Lakers vanquish Utah and my Sharks take a 2-0 lead over Detroit.

P.S. Amazing to see someone other than myself be banned. Maybe you guys are serious about spreading te wealth?

Well, Montreal beat Pittsburg and the Sharks goalie let in a horrible first period goal Tied 3-3 right now.

I tried to read your commentary on the American Thinker paragraph, but it's hard to see which parts exactly you are responding too, maybe make it clearer (ie past the responses in the body of the paragraph) if you want to discuss your critique with others.