Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wrote the health bill?

Default Who wrote the health bill?

I have not weighed in on this issue until now. My attitude, apparently, a singular one, can be summed up in one cynical question:

What percentage of the recently passed health care bill was crafted by insurance industry lobbiests?

1. Less than 1%
    2. 25%
    3. 50%
    4. 75%
    5. 99.99%

???????????????????

Leave your agendas at the door, and answer truthfully.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Default Re: Who wrote the health bill?

It was written mostly by Harry Reid of NV who is one the most heavily supported politicians by the Big Pharma lobby.

http://www.personalliberty.com/perso...tributionists/ "...the majority of Americans recognized Obamacare for what it was: a transfer of wealth to Big Pharma..."

Have you been following health insurance and pharma stocks since the bill passed?

I'll give you a hint: it doesn't support you theory. Look it up for yourself.

The Bill was written by liberals who want to keep people dependent on the government and control American Businesses, simple as that.

The AMA and AARP both endorsed the bill. They aren't you typical liberals or are certainly not in bed with "insurance industry lobbyists".

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    Have you been following health insurance and pharma stocks since the bill passed?

I'll give you a hint: it doesn't support you theory. Look it up for yourself.
    I didn't propose a theory. I asked a question that remains unanswered.

I think my congressman, Dennis Kucinich, DID propose a theory when he originally came out against the bill. Things changed after he spent some time on Air Force One. A change of heart, you might say.

I wonder if his change of heart was also a TRUE change of mind.

To me, the philosophical debate remained incomplete.

Are health services a commodity or a right?

The law that all must purchase health care, suggests that it remains a commodity in this administration's view. A commodity where price points are controlled by the insurers.

Do you want a medical procedure done? Call up a provider and ask what the price will be. The first words out of their mouth will not be a price. Instead it will be a question: "do you have insurance?".

Call an insurer and ask what the "reasonable and customary price" for a procedure is. You WILL NOT get a straight answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    The AMA and AARP both endorsed the bill. They aren't you typical liberals or are certainly not in bed with "insurance industry lobbyists".
    I work in the medical industry, and I can state with certainty that the AMA is primarily a liberal organization.