Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vat...

Default Vat...

The title should VAT, but the site software is overriding my intent and won't let me correct it.

Get ready, they're already talking about the national sales tax on Capital Hill to fund Obama's spending and this one is likely to include all internet purshasing.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Default Re: Vat...

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    The title should VAT, but the site software is overriding my intent and won't let me correct it.

Get ready, they're already talking about the national sales tax on Capital Hill to fund Obama's spending and this one is likely to include all internet purshasing.
    A far left president and congress talking about raising taxes or making new ones? I am shocked!!!

A far right poster worrying about something that hasn't happened. I'm shocked!

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Point is, it's going to happen...

Internet purchases outside of the website's home state will be federally taxed & inside the home state they are already collected on.

I thought consumption taxes were in favor with conservatives? sales tax doesn't seem progressive enough for a liberal, maybe the amount of sales tax will depend on how much you make?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Actually i am a more moderate republican you just SOOO far left that i seem far right.

As Schlottke pointed out this is going to happen!! I guess i am just very far right for not wanting more taxes. Wait a second if that is the case then the majority of this country if far right

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Point is, it's going to happen...

Internet purchases outside of the website's home state will be federally taxed & inside the home state they are already collected on.
    Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    A far left president and congress talking about raising taxes or making new ones? I am shocked!!!
    Sorry, despite the rhetoric, Obama is not far left and has not done anything remotely leftist.

The healthcare reform was modeled on the one imlpement by Mitt Romney in Massachusetts.

If you think he qulaifies as "far left" just because of the increase of government spending, you also must think Bush was an extreme leftist.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    I thought consumption taxes were in favor with conservatives? sales tax doesn't seem progressive enough for a liberal, maybe the amount of sales tax will depend on how much you make?
    As taxes go, I'd prefer a flax tax, but a VAT is better than a progressive tax. The problem is that we may be adding a VAT tax on top of all the currently existing taxes. It's not an either/or in this case, it's an AND.