Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is responsible for bullying?

Default Re: Who is responsible for bullying?

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Teachers who break up fights or intervene are risking their careers -I could NOT look away so I left the profession .
    Give Teachers back the RIGHT to discipline a child or to at least intervene and I am behind you 100 %. But each time a teacher is looking at losing their livelihood over breaking up a fight something has gone WAY wrong .
    I agree. Teachers should be allowed to do their job without fear of a lawsuit, especially when it involves protecting themselves and their kids . . . but we don't want to go back to the "spare the rod . . ." days.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Teachers who break up fights or intervene are risking their careers -I could NOT look away so I left the profession .
    Give Teachers back the RIGHT to discipline a child or to at least intervene and I am behind you 100 %. But each time a teacher is looking at losing their livelihood over breaking up a fight something has gone WAY wrong .
    Agreed payton. I have been forced to invervene in fights as well, without getting into any trouble. It sucks that your administration was unreasonable about your situation.

IPS hired an out source consulting firm and these geniuses came up with the TEACHERS are to blame for everything !! Even though there is an average of one ''physical'' fight and 7 ''verbal'' fights EACH day they blame the teachers for not showing ''Sufficient rigor or robustness'' and that ''inconsistent discipline'' and ''Bullying'' were the teachers fault as was the mutual distrust of teacher/students .
    What a CROCK !! When in doubt , throw the teachers under the bus .

IPS hired an out source consulting firm and these geniuses came up with the TEACHERS are to blame for everything !! Even though there is an average of one ''physical'' fight and 7 ''verbal'' fights EACH day they blame the teachers for not showing ''Sufficient rigor or robustness'' and that ''inconsistent discipline'' and ''Bullying'' were the teachers fault as was the mutual distrust of teacher/students .
    What a CROCK !! When in doubt , throw the teachers under the bus .
    Lets be clear that we are not talking about fights or verbal arguments we are talking about bullying and who is liable.

payton are you saying that teachers are not responsible for the bullying that might occur in their classes or schools, that they see? If a teacher sees bullying and does nothing they are liable, they are negligent IMO.

I agree that teachers are responsible for maintaining a safe classroom and school environment, but they should be allowed to do their job without the threat of disciplinary action or a lawsuit. When it is necessary for a teacher to use physical force to protect one student from another, the teacher shouldn't automatically be assumed guilty of physical abuse until proven innocent. When they know that they will get the benefit of the doubt, teachers will be able to act responsibly.

I agree Spider, we just need to make the distinction from bullying and everyday fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    I agree Spider, we just need to make the distinction from bullying and everyday fighting.
    That's sometimes a tough call, but neither is acceptable and both should be stopped as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I agree that teachers are responsible for maintaining a safe classroom and school environment, but they should be allowed to do their job without the threat of disciplinary action or a lawsuit. When it is necessary for a teacher to use physical force to protect one student from another, the teacher shouldn't automatically be assumed guilty of physical abuse until proven innocent. When they know that they will get the benefit of the doubt, teachers will be able to act responsibly.
    What happened to the good ole days when the teacher would slam the fighters up against the locker, then drag their stickin' butt down to the principals office where they would be lucky if they didn't get suspended?

Then when you got home and told your parents they would bust your hind end and take all your freedoms away. Never did you then hear I am suing you or I am reporting you for child abuse.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    What happened to the good ole days when the teacher would slam the fighters up against the locker, then drag their stickin' butt down to the principals office where they would be lucky if they didn't get suspended?

Then when you got home and told your parents they would bust your hind end and take all your freedoms away. Never did you then hear I am suing you or I am reporting you for child abuse.
    We became civilized.