Thread: Rangel steps down as tax panel chairman

Default Rangel steps down as tax panel chairman

WASHINGTON - New York Rep. Charles <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_0_0">Rangel</nobr> temporarily stepped aside as chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee Wednesday as he struggled with mounting ethics woes that left his political future uncertain at best.

<title></title>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35678683...-capitol_hill/
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Default Re: Rangel steps down as tax panel chairman

So they're finally airing the dog's dirt. He's as crooked as they come.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

From the article, it looks like he accepted a trip paid for by some corporation, he claims he doesn't know who paid for it, it doesn't say if there is any proof he know who paid for the trip so democrats will believe him and republicans won't.

Regardless of whether or not he knew who paid for his trip, is there any evidence that he's acted favorably to the company that paid for the trip? If he hasn't, where is the victim (other than the company who tried to bribe him and lost out on however much money)?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    From the article, it looks like he accepted a trip paid for by some corporation, he claims he doesn't know who paid for it, it doesn't say if there is any proof he know who paid for the trip so democrats will believe him and republicans won't.

Regardless of whether or not he knew who paid for his trip, is there any evidence that he's acted favorably to the company that paid for the trip? If he hasn't, where is the victim (other than the company who tried to bribe him and lost out on however much money)?
    Sully I think you are missing the point here. It was an abuse of power and it doesn't matter if he acted favorably it was still unethical.

Hell even a lot of Dems were saying he should step down.

And correct me if i'm wrong but this isn't the first time he as been investigated.

He should step down. The guy was drunk with power. Harlem will find a much better candidate I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    He should step down. The guy was drunk with power. Harlem will find a much better candidate I'm sure.
    The most honest post ever!!!! I can only hope that we have a repub do something stupid in the near future so I can return the favor.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    The most honest post ever!!!! I can only hope that we have a repub do something stupid in the near future so I can return the favor.
    oh don't worry i have a feeling a repub will do something stupid soon enough.....Dem or Repubs they are all politicians, which means corruption

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    You shouldn't have to wait long.