Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephen Colbert - Sarah Palin Segment

Default Re: Sarah Palin is a......

What makes her despicable? I find her to be an attractive lady. I also agree with Chance that what she is doing now is better than running for office. But yes, it was funny.

I sure hope the R's can come up with someone better than Palin in 2012, or we'll be treated to another 4 years of Obama. Palin is about right for a small-town mayor, but she is completely out of her element in any geo-political or complicated economic discussion.

McCain choosing Palin was the nail in the coffin for his campaign. His choice of Palin made most people question his judgement, if not his sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    McCain choosing Palin was the nail in the coffin for his campaign. His choice of Palin made most people question his judgement, if not his sanity.
    It's the sad state of the current political climate that a person can't pick who they truly want as a running mate, but someone who "balances the ticket", etc. I have no doubt in my mind that if McCain had his druthers, he'd have made the bombshell (and thorougly McCain-esque) pick of Joe Lieberman. Just not possible with the way these parties are run these days. I doubt Biden was Presdient Obama's first choice either.

Either way, regarding the video, it wasn't COlbert's best work, but it was still pretty funny. The Limbaugh bit near the end was the best, since he was clearly doing the same thing Emanuel did (and to be perfectly clear, I have no problem with what Emanuel or Rush said). That said, I feel like lately Colbert has been losing his fastball, and Jon Stewart has retaken his spot as the funnier of the two. Still, bot are very talented political satirists.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Default Re: Stephen Colbert - Sarah Palin Segment

Every politican starting with Reagan uses the teleprompter. No one can think on their feet anymore. The Bushes & Clinton relied on it heavily.

Palin @ the Tea Party Convention is just the bought & sold part of the GOP trying to hijack a true grass roots movement.

Arguing the current political climate in DC is liek arguing about how you wanna die.

These guys are well invested in all the companies that lobby them: big Oil, Big Pharma, Insurance companies, Defense Contractors. It don't matter whether it's Palin,Bush, Obama or Biden. Your freedoms are going out the window while they get fat.

Colbert is funny but those guys still just wlak the party lineS.

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Stephen Colbert - Sarah Palin Segment

Palin @ the Tea Party Convention is just the bought & sold part of the GOP trying to hijack a true grass roots movement.

Too late; the Tea Party just lost it's legitimacy as a grass roots movement with a expensive plate dinner, and a perhaps a future GOP candidate for POTUS.

That thing sure did fizzle as a true movement, to just another wing of a political party in hurry. On the otherhand they have replaced the social conservatives as the wing of the party that all Republicans must bow down to in the future..... that is probably a good thing.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.