Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this guy a terrorist?

Default Re: Is this guy a terrorist?

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Why do you assume the the right is concerned with nothing but attacking Obama? I consider myself a conservative and I am outraged whenever someone tries to attack our country. Your statement is like saying that the left wing was happy when the housing market tanked and people lost their jobs because it gave them a reason to attack Bush.
    You have to admit the there is a huge percentage of Republicans / conservatives who delight when Obama has trouble. Why was there celebrating by right-wingers when Chicago did not get the Olympics after Obama put a personal appeal in?

I don't know about the housing market, but I saw many on the left seem to take delight in the difficulties Bush had with Iraq because they were so opposed to war.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Nah, just pointing out the "moderators" of this forum are far from moderate. You both do real well at personal attacks. Then again, it's your website so you can do what you want.
    I don't agree with everything the moderators say or do, but I do notice a pattern: the amount that the moderators hassle a poster is directly proportional to the number of inflammatory, aggressive or troll-ish posts that person makes. Something to think about.

PS I don't think I've ever seen Schlottke make a personal attack, unless you count "dittohead" on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post

I also believe the right wing was happy when they first heard about the Nigerian because it gave them another opportunity to once again attack Obama and his administration.
    Hello...Obama is a Kenyan.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    You have to admit the there is a huge percentage of Republicans / conservatives who delight when Obama has trouble. Why was there celebrating by right-wingers when Chicago did not get the Olympics after Obama put a personal appeal in?

I don't know about the housing market, but I saw many on the left seem to take delight in the difficulties Bush had with Iraq because they were so opposed to war.
    I think there's a difference between people who delight when Obama/Bush failed, and what we're tlaking about here. I have no doubt that people take delight when Obama has trouble with something as trivial (in the grand scheme of things) as getting the Olympics, seeing him "put in his place" or whatever. But, outside of only the most effed up people, I don't think the "other side" takes delight when people die.

Example: If 30 people are killed and it is in someway tieable to Obama, I don't think most right wingers are ecstatic that 30 people are dead. They may use the incident to hammer Obama, but that is, very sadly, the way the game is played now. And I mean this both ways, I don't think left wingers were taking delight from serious problems affecting America during Bush's term, even if they used them to hammer Bush.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

From what little I've read I think one could reasonably conclude he is a terrorist. Just as the Rico Statutes came about to expand the scope from the individual to a more appropriate organized group (along with new authority on how to collect, admit evidence and prosecute those involved, in today's new world, we must view and respond to terrorism differently. The key is in the appropriateness in how we try to adjust.