Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Janet Napolitano

Default Janet Napolitano

This is a little late but can someone tell me why she still has a job after she claimed the "system worked" when the Nigerian terrorist was able to get the explosive onto the plane only to have a faulty fuse.

The system working in my eyes would mean that
    1. The intelligence agencies communicate with each other and prevent suspected terrorists from boarding plains. The mans father tipped authorities as to his sons intentions.

2. They actually screen the suspected terrorist

3. The terrorist never gets on the plane.

The system is not working when you have to rely on incompetence or faulty equipment to prevent planes from being blown up.

So someone please make the case for her having a job and for Obama backing her up as a competent Director of Homeland Security. It might be because Obama is in denial about terrorism so much so that he wont even use the word, he now calls them "man made catastrophes". You can not beat an enemy you will not recognise.

Default Re: Janet Napolitano

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKKdU_kXS0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKKdU_kXS0A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LOL... Does she really expect me to believe that she meant the alert system worked when she first said "The system worked"?

Who, immediately after a near disaster, is praising the response everywhere *but* on the plane it happened?

She later said that her remarks were taken out of context. How that is even remotely possible is beyond me.

I believe her attitude on this matter is perfectly consistent with the overall attitude this administration has on the subject of terrorism.. err I mean "man caused disasters".

In an interview, a reporter for Germany’s Spiegel Online asked Napolitano whether her avoidance of the term terrorism means that “Islamist terrorism suddenly no longer pose[es] a threat to your country?”

“Of course it does,” Napolitano replied. “I presume there is always a threat from terrorism. In my speech, although I did not use the word ‘terrorism,’ I referred to ‘man-caused’ disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.

You're doing a great job Brownie!

Its not only their verbiage that signals this head in the sand attitude, its actions like moving terrorists' trials to civil courts and announcing the closing of Gitmo before they had any idea where they were going to place the terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Tight-Waist View Post
    I believe her attitude on this matter is perfectly consistent with the overall attitude this administration has on the subject of terrorism.. err I mean "man caused disasters".

In an interview, a reporter for Germany?s Spiegel Online asked Napolitano whether her avoidance of the term terrorism means that ?Islamist terrorism suddenly no longer pose[es] a threat to your country??

?Of course it does,? Napolitano replied. ?I presume there is always a threat from terrorism. In my speech, although I did not use the word ?terrorism,? I referred to ?man-caused? disasters. That is perhaps only a nuance, but it demonstrates that we want to move away from the politics of fear toward a policy of being prepared for all risks that can occur.]

Its not only their verbiage that signals this head in the sand attitude, its actions like moving terrorists' trials to civil courts and announcing the closing of Gitmo before they had any idea where they were going to place the terrorists.
    I completely agree. Why dont they just call a spade a spade and deal with it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tight-Waist View Post

You're doing a great job Brownie!
    That was my first thought upon reading post #1.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    This is a little late but can someone tell me why she still has a job after she claimed the "system worked" when the Nigerian terrorist was able to get the explosive onto the plane only to have a faulty fuse.
    Other than the extremely poor choice of words, what did she do wrong? As I understand it (and this is from the former Head of anti-terroristm/homeland security/something or other on GMA recently) the mistakes were made by low level people. Should she have been double checking everyone who works under her?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    Other than the extremely poor choice of words, what did she do wrong? As I understand it (and this is from the former Head of anti-terroristm/homeland security/something or other on GMA recently) the mistakes were made by low level people. Should she have been double checking everyone who works under her?
    No, but she shouldn't blindly defend them when there was obviously a screw-up or failure of the system to work properly. She should have said something like, "I don't know how he was allowed on the plane, but I will get to the bottom of it."
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

I realize she shoudl have, but bad press conference = fireable offense?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.