Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming ? Hmmmm, not so fast there

Default Re: Global Warming ? Hmmmm, not so fast there

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    The before and after photos showing polar caps shrinking neglect to tell you what season each photo was taken.
    That's the definition of a glacier though: They accumulate more ice than what can melt over time. The long and the short? They aren't changed much by seasons.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

http://nrmsc.usgs.gov/repeatphoto/repeatphoto_map.htm

The repeat photos of the glaciers in Glacier National Park are some of the best I've seen since they're all taken from as close to the same vantage point as the orginal photo as possible. You have to scroll down a bit to get to the links to the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    http://nrmsc.usgs.gov/repeatphoto/repeatphoto_map.htm

The repeat photos of the glaciers in Glacier National Park are some of the best I've seen since they're all taken from as close to the same vantage point as the orginal photo as possible. You have to scroll down a bit to get to the links to the photos.

What season are the photos taken. I too show the opposite if I had them at opposite seasons.
    I pictured you as that guy Gaylord in Showboat, passing up taxis to walk because he's broke and playing it off as if it's the doctor's advice. - Clmetal

Quote Originally Posted by leglace View Post
    What season are the photos taken. I too show the opposite if I had them at opposite seasons.
    That's the definition of a glacier though: They accumulate more ice than what can melt over time. The long and the short? They aren't changed much by seasons.

In other words, a "glacier" melts away every warm season, and reemerges each winter as a huge, mile long deep mass of ice?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

What season photos were taken would have no bearing on hundreds of feet thick glaciers.

The earth is warming. Causes can be argued at to why, but if warming continues at the current pace the effects will be disastrous.

Curbing pollution is the right thing to do, regardless of the effect on climate change, because pollution has such disastrous effect on so many aspects of the environment - for example having clean air and water or the lacking of it because of pollution.
    If we don't fight hard enough for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we don't really stand for them.

~Paul Wellstone~

Global warming is a liberal academic fraud, just like evolution. I thought this was common knowledge. Get with the program guys.

Empirical evidence is not acceptable to republicans. If it isn't in the new testament, it ain't squat.

The e-mails that were stolen as well as WuW, Rusty's, and Quinn's posts show just how political this issue has become. It might just be me but it seems that poeple are no longer really interested in the truth but about how it can help them politically/economically.

Most normal people understand that the world is warming, pretty hard to argue against that fact. Yes I know this year was a lot cooler than the previous but is most likely random variation. The arguement is whether or not it is man made.

I love how the left is all about saying Republicans are anti enviroment and the right says the left is nothing but a bunch of looney's. I know, this is partially true but it is not true with the majority of both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    The e-mails that were stolen as well as WuW, Rusty's, and Quinn's posts show just how political this issue has become. It might just be me but it seems that poeple are no longer really interested in the truth but about how it can help them politically/economically.

Most normal people understand that the world is warming, pretty hard to argue against that fact. Yes I know this year was a lot cooler than the previous but is most likely random variation. The arguement is whether or not it is man made.

I love how the left is all about saying Republicans are anti enviroment and the right says the left is nothing but a bunch of looney's. I know, this is partially true but it is not true with the majority of both parties.
    The difference with the 2 parties in this instance is that the Democrats agree with the scientists who actually study this, whereas the Republicans don't, and, generally speaking, say the experts are wrong. They just seem to be sure of it, regardless of evidence. Hell, one guy on here didn't even know what a glacier was but insists he knows the affects of warming on them. I think I'll just side with him. Why not?