Thread: NJ Politics #*&^%&#&*

Default NJ Politics #*&^%&#&*

So New Jersey votes to unload this meatball that got elected to be governor 4 years ago.

4 PM I get another politicing phone call, this time my caller id says it's the NJ Democratic Committee. I decide to take the call just to hear what they have to say.

As our dear departed friend Arte Johnson would say....Verrrrrrry Interesting !

Nope the guy on the other end didn't push for Corzine, the Dem, he's pushing for Daggett an independent that put a huge dent in the Repubs projection in the pre-election polls. Actually he was the best candidate based on his ideas conveyed during the three way debate.

A Dem pushing for an Indy ? Why ? I called my neighbor who is a biggy in the District Republican Clan. Turns out the Dem Committee got the voter registration lists and targeted the republicans for the promo calls hoping to split the Republican vote.

If not for the Caller ID that identified the Dem Committee, I would not have known the source of the call since the guy never identified himself nor the group he was calling for.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Default Re: NJ Politics #*&^%&#&*

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    So New Jersey votes to unload this meatball that got elected to be governor 4 years ago.

4 PM I get another politicing phone call, this time my caller id says it's the NJ Democratic Committee. I decide to take the call just to hear what they have to say.

As our dear departed friend Arte Johnson would say....Verrrrrrry Interesting !

Nope the guy on the other end didn't push for Corzine, the Dem, he's pushing for Daggett an independent that put a huge dent in the Repubs projection in the pre-election polls. Actually he was the best candidate based on his ideas conveyed during the three way debate.

A Dem pushing for an Indy ? Why ? I called my neighbor who is a biggy in the District Republican Clan. Turns out the Dem Committee got the voter registration lists and targeted the republicans for the promo calls hoping to split the Republican vote.

If not for the Caller ID that identified the Dem Committee, I would not have known the source of the call since the guy never identified himself nor the group he was calling for.
    Now we'll have the Obama effect. I expect MSNBC and all Dems to blame Christie from Day 1 for all the problems in your mafia ridden corrupt state.

Corzine was a lousy senator and a lousy governor. He deserved to lose

I'm sure you slobs will still be as miserable 2 years in with this butterball clown. Enjoy.

Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Now we'll have the Obama effect. I expect MSNBC and all Dems to blame Christie from Day 1 for all the problems in your mafia ridden corrupt state.

I'm sure you slobs will still be as miserable 2 years in with this butterball clown. Enjoy.

At the moment, NJ faces an $8 billion deficit for next July 1. Obama fished Corzine out of the sewer by laying a load of stimulus cash on the state. You know a second payload isn't coming now that Christie is in. The GOP bumped a lot of Dem heads out of Trenton, but I don't think the numbers add up and we'll probably be stymied for 4 years.

The pension system has to be his first attack. It's a bit ridiculous when part timers working 10-12 hours a week earn retirement benefits. It's a bit ridiculous that the wages that go into the formula reflect your last three years plus overtime pay, but qualifying payments into the system are calculated off the wage scale you were paid 25 years ago. Another is paying for accumulated sick leave. I don't care if some saves up 700 days of sick time, but to pay it out in cash at today's pay rate is absurd. If you need the time off for a long term illness, fine, but why should I pay someone $200 per day today, for a day they didn't take off 25 years ago when they were making $25 per day? There are people walking away with $250,000 - $300,000 checks for unpaid sick leave. Heck, in 35 years I've had 3 sick days - no big wad coming my way.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post

At the moment, NJ faces an $8 billion deficit for next July 1. Obama fished Corzine out of the sewer by laying a load of stimulus cash on the state. You know a second payload isn't coming now that Christie is in. The GOP bumped a lot of Dem heads out of Trenton, but I don't think the numbers add up and we'll probably be stymied for 4 years.

The pension system has to be his first attack. It's a bit ridiculous when part timers working 10-12 hours a week earn retirement benefits. It's a bit ridiculous that the wages that go into the formula reflect your last three years plus overtime pay, but qualifying payments into the system are calculated off the wage scale you were paid 25 years ago. Another is paying for accumulated sick leave. I don't care if some saves up 700 days of sick time, but to pay it out in cash at today's pay rate is absurd. If you need the time off for a long term illness, fine, but why should I pay someone $200 per day today, for a day they didn't take off 25 years ago when they were making $25 per day? There are people walking away with $250,000 - $300,000 checks for unpaid sick leave. Heck, in 35 years I've had 3 sick days - no big wad coming my way.
    In response to the sick days, I like the fact that they would pay them because they are a benefit that they did not take advantage of. If they started refusing to pay, I would just take all of my sick day at once and then retire.

I agree with you, renegotiating the union contracts with the city is going to be key for any state to survive.

Taking sick days are fine when you are sick. Where I work, they don't carry over to the next year. You get paid at the end of each year for the days you didn't take in that year. That does stop the overpayment that Ryou was talking about. And it just seems to make more sense.