Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Obama's staff

Default Michelle Obama's staff

http://m.factcheck.org/2009/08/michelle-obamas-staff/

This was on the the radio today and i found it interesting and have never heard of it being brought up before. But I guess when the President has played 24 rounds of golf in a few months more than any other president in history, these things will be brought to light.

I dont really care about it because it seems that other first ladies have had the same benefit. I just want to know, why? Why in the hell do we need to have staff for the first lady who more useless than the VP. If they want a staff get back to the days as mentioned in the article where Eisenhower's wife had to foot the bill for her staff. make them pay for it, make them insure them, instead of letting us do it.

Default Re: Michelle Obama's staff

I don't really have a problem with the first lady having a staff. This day in age is different than Eisenhower's and we do have terrorists. Kidnapping or killing the first lady would probably start a global war and nobody wants that. It could be easily paid for if they would cut out all the other overspending crap that they are doing in Washington. Same thing with the children of Presidents. It just wouldn't be good for something to happen and women and children are easy targets. And I don't mean that like they are somehow inferior to men. It is just a fact that American men have no forgiveness on crimes committed against women and children. That is why rapists have a hard time in prison and it's even worse if you are a child rapist.

I just made a short answer much longer, but what I am trying to say is that it is much cheaper to protect the first lady than to start a world wide man-hunt or war.

I know she needs a protective staff, bu does she need all the media staff and so on. Take a look at the list of her staff, I dont know why she needs any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Kidnapping or killing the first lady would probably start a global war and nobody wants that.
    Why would you assume that?

Probably doesn't need the media, but I don't think taxpayers pay for that. So if a media outlet wants to pay someone to follow her around, that's on them. The media part is silly, but so is the media following Paris Hilton. People see pictures or read stories and buy their publication, so money made.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Why would you assume that?
    I am not sure what you were asking. Are you asking why assumed that nobody wanted a global war? Or why I thought it would start one?

Maybe I'm wrong on the first question, I just didn't think anyone really wanted a global war.

Why do I think it would start one? If I'm President and you kidnap my wife and I have the luxury of the greatest military on earth at my disposal, then I'm going to start the war. Innocent people or not, my wife would be found and the perpetrators would know damn well that I meant business.

Why do I think it would start one? If I'm President and you kidnap my wife and I have the luxury of the greatest military on earth at my disposal, then I'm going to start the war. Innocent people or not, my wife would be found and the perpetrators would know damn well that I meant business
    ...except there's this funny little thing called the Constitution....and it gives Congress the power to declare war, not the President.
    Your ignorance is painful to witness.....

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Probably doesn't need the media, but I don't think taxpayers pay for that. So if a media outlet wants to pay someone to follow her around, that's on them. The media part is silly, but so is the media following Paris Hilton. People see pictures or read stories and buy their publication, so money made.
    They are not media personnel from NBC, they are hired persons to set up to handle media, make appointments, do her hair and make up and so on. It is an expense that is directly funded by tax dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Black-n-Red View Post
    ...except there's this funny little thing called the Constitution....and it gives Congress the power to declare war, not the President.

That did not stop Bush and Saddam only tried to kill his father.

Not to try and change the issue of this thread but, if your wife or child were killed and you are the President in no way should you react militarily. You would have suffered a loss like many other people in this nation. If your wife was killed because you were the President, you should know the risk that comes with the Job. No congress or military leader would follow a request of war simply because the Presidents wife was killed or kid napped.

Keep in Mind Lincoln and Kennedy's wife's were right next to their husbands when they were killed. The assassins had no interest in them and I dont think they are a serious target. When we look at it, if you could get to the first lady chances are you could just go right to the President and no worry about it.