Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

Default Re: Anyone else bothered by Obama's recent devisive comments?

The fact that people actually believe that Obama is reaching out to the GOP is laughable. Hell Bush and Clinton did a better job than Obama is doing.

the bottom line is he is president and his party holds both houses.....he can do what ever he wants pretty much, but don't try and shove this BS down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Which is my point. Either Obama is just another politician, or he's something different. So far, he's proving to be just another politician. That doesn't change that I hope whatever he gets done is good for the country, but BOTH sides of this equation like to pretend their above these types of things, and then when they're given examples how they're not, they resort to "well, the other guys are even worse!" That's my only point.
    Democrats, or Liberals, as you like to call them would NEVER pretend that they are above it all. Never, I say. But seriously, of course both sides do it, that doesn't make pointing it out as its happening wrong. Esp when there is such a glaring omission as an acting veep telling a Senator something like Cheney did.

On your 'another politician' note, I pretty much agree, too. I don't think he was completely disingenuous by saying he wants to be a uniter, and not a divider, but once in power, that is immensely hard no matter which party you belong to. If you give to much to the other side, people say you're weak, if you go with strictly your side, you're a divider, and while playing the middle seems ideal, things tend to progress slowly, or not at all, and then people say you're getting nothing accomplished. I know it all comes with the territory, but it ain't easy.

You are making a very good point, Zapp. I hear, ya. It's a shame that our country is divided by liberal and conservative "he said, she saids". Eventually SOMEONE we elect has got to get this simple concept. I suggest Libertarian!!! Or Independant!!! Or someone who is just so filthy rich already that they don't need to pander to special interest groups and can just run the country. Is Ross Perot still alive?

There is a big difference in how you battle your opposition politically from how you make remarks toward the public that happens to opose you. Politicians are there for one thing, to be political. But the people who they represent have the right to agree or opose without being remarked upon. Thats the difference in this case.

The left-right divide in the United States sucks, it's stupid and it's harmful. I wanted to write a longer, more complete rant but instead I'll just say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I wish I could be outraged, but it'd be fake. It'd be nice if Obama was different, but he's just another politician, just like most everybody that becomes President. I can't hate the man for being the same as everyone else. I just hope that what he does ends up being good for the country.
    This about sums up my thoughts verbatim.

If you guys are ok with this, I can't argue with you. To a point I agree as well.

However, are you ok that targetting regular folks will divide the nation more than it ever has? I am not ok. Attack the pros not the joes. At a certain point it renders our system of checks and balances useless.

Sorry that we aren't able to work up enough righteous indignation here to satisfy you.

I agree with you, too Leglace. Another sad truth is that people like Washed up have already taken sides in a civil war that isn't even being fought. People like him are convinced that whatever party he belongs to is ALWAYS right. Politicians can see this sort of warped mind and they play to it. As long as they have mindless minions like Washed up ready to spread whatever message they want spread, then politicians will continue to act like this. It isn't right to divide the country like this, but until people, like Washed up, are able to think for themselves then this wil be our new America.

I suggest term limits for all people in congress, and forget the pension and lifetime healthcare for them. If they have to actually live in the America that they create, then maybe they will start to work together. Not sure who would do all of Washe up's thinking for him, though. Maybe Bill Mahr or Micheal Moore?