Thread: All should be well...

Default All should be well...

I was away from the computer finishing up my deck- sorry for the confusion everyone, and it should never happen for that length (or any) of time again in the future. Shane is aware of how to fix the issue from within the admin, and any moderators can also PM me for details on how to do this.

Basically all it was, were too many people connecting to the SQL server from another website I own. Its a pretty fluke (fluke as in- I can't be prepared for it to be dugg) traffic issue called the Slashdot Effect, also called the Digg Effect... (makes more sense in this case, since the over abundance of users from Digg actually caused it, not the news site SlashDot.)

Default Re: All should be well...

Glad to see we're good to go again. As Schlottke has explained to my dumbass how to fix this, or hopefully any other problems that should arise in the future.

Sorry for the trouble folks

Any database errors that occur can usually be repaired that simply...

Back in business!

Houston....we have a problem. It is very slow opening threads. Taking 3 to 4 minutes. This is what it did prior to everything freezing up before.

Ill keep checking on it, I'm not personally experiencing any issues, and the server usage is fine.

Back to normal loading time. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Basically all it was, were too many people connecting to the SQL server from another website I own. Its a pretty fluke (fluke as in- I can't be prepared for it to be dugg) traffic issue called the Slashdot Effect, also called the Digg Effect... (makes more sense in this case, since the over abundance of users from Digg actually caused it, not the news site SlashDot.)
    Well now it's all perfectly clear . No matter, and thanks for fixing things up.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.