Thread: Pizza

Default Pizza

What's up with the price of pizza? Bought a large Margarita pie last night and the price was up to $15.95. $16.00 bucks for a pie and not even a delivery.

PS what's your favorite pie?

Mine - A Margarita - start with a super thin crust, then reverse the order and amount of mozzarella and tomato sauce. Smother the flattened dough with mozzarella, then splatter with tomato sauce. Sprinkle a generous helping of fresh basil leaves and stick it in the oven.

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Pizza

Germans can't make pizza. Please!

Olympic Champ

I don't know about reversing the order, but one Italian restaurant I used to go to, I'd always order the margherita pizza--they used a special kind of tomato. Anyway, it was my favorite. In general, New York style, with the thin crust is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Germans can't make pizza. Please!
    German pizza is quite different - no dough. sauted peppers onions and meat doused with an egg and milk mix the covered with cheese.

...and I do make a pretty good American style thin crust. Prepping the dough takes so much time though I rarely make them anymore.

I thought a Margarita Pizza had no sauce? I only use cheese, olive oil, fresh basil, and roma tomato on mine....

If not that then just plain cheese pizza.

Other than that John Wildwood's in Edinboro is my favorite!
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

"I thought a Margarita Pizza had no sauce?"

Out here the tomato pizza sauce is internittently splashed on top the cheese. I've seen it made with canned crushed tomatoes an even sliced tomatoes.
    Last edited by RYou; 06-23-2007 at 09:20 PM.

I've always loved the deep dish, nothing beats Ginos or Uno.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    What's up with the price of pizza? Bought a large Margarita pie last night and the price was up to $15.95. $16.00 bucks for a pie and not even a delivery.

PS what's your favorite pie?

Mine - A Margarita - start with a super thin crust, then reverse the order and amount of mozzarella and tomato sauce. Smother the flattened dough with mozzarella, then splatter with tomato sauce. Sprinkle a generous helping of fresh basil leaves and stick it in the oven.
    A large three topping pizza here in Northern California costs us close to $30 at our favorite place. They have about 40 different beers on tap, so we suck it up and pay. Nothing better than Guinness on tap.