Thanks for providing the link to their website. Interesting to see what the Spire will look like, the residential floorplans, and its location... which, if I'm looking at the map, looks like it'll be near Navy Pier and Lake Point Tower.

I grew up in a small NW Illinois town straight west of Chicago in the 1960s and early 70s, so, I still have a mental picture of the city in that era, which, to my way of thinking, was its zenith architecturally. So many great landmarks arrived during those years, many of them outstanding examples of the International Style: Lake Point Tower... Marina City... The Federal Building and Courthouse... Daley Plaza... the IBM Building... John Hancock Center... Sears Tower... (what was) Standard Oil of Indiana... First Chicago... O'Hare. (I'm old enough to remember when the Prudential Building was the tallest in the city, with an observation deck and Top of the Rock dining room.) These joined landmarks of another era, classics like the Wrigley Building, Tribune Tower, the Civic Opera House, Marshall Field, Carson Pirie Scott, the Drake Hotel, Stone Container Building, Merchandise Mart, the Art Institute, Soldier Field, Wrigley Field... I could go on and on.

It's great to see that Chicago remains growing, changing, dynamic... getting better all the time. One of my all-time favorite big buildings of the 1980s in any city is 333 Wacker, with its curved green-glass facade where the three "branches" of the Chicago River come together. It'll be interesting to see what the Trump building and the Spire do TO or FOR the iconic Chicago skyline.

Mark