Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Finals - Red Wings vs Penguins

Default Stanley Cup Finals - Red Wings vs Penguins

After several disappointing early round exits, the Red Wings are back in the Cup Finals. The Penguins young and good and are looking for their first Cup since 91-92.

I have the Red Wings winning in six games, but I am nervous about how good Pittsburgh has looked in the playoffs. Who you taking?
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Default Re: Stanley Cup Finals - Red Wings vs Penguins

Penguins in 7.
    Curtis Chenoweth
    wannabe national champ headed to a new home:walkman:

Olympic Champ

The Wings on talent. The Penquins if it goes seven. If either goalie gets hot then that team wins.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Of course I'm picking the Pens (in 6 games).

Both teams are very good defensively, but Malkin & Crosby give the Pens the edge on offense.

Pittsburg will take the cup in 6 or 7.

Whohoo! I called Detroit over Pittsburg before the playoffs began. True clash of the Titans final. Detroit has looked dominant in their wins, but the Pens have only 2 losses. Neither team's defence has had to deal with the kind of firepower they will meet in the finals. Should be a great series! I think I might have to pick the Pens now, as they are healthier.

Pens in 6 if Fleury is solid.

The Pens!
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

If it's a matter of who has the best defense and who has the best chance of slowing down the opposition, then the Wings will win. The wings do have the issue of making sure their 2nd and 3rd line offense shows up.

As mentioned the goalies will have the biggest impact and both are playing amazing in the playoffs. I'll just take Osgood since he's been there and done that and has a much more consistent defense in front of him.

If the Pens lose the first two in Detroit it'll end in 5. However if they split, then Wings in 6. The wings d is deep for three lines, while the Pens are weak on d after that first line, which isn't all that dominant either. 12-2 has been against the much weaker eastern conference and they didn't face anyone with an offense like Detroit and they certainly didn't face anyone with a defense nearly as good as Detroit.