Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The South Korean shooter was very troubled BUT

I just saw a cast with names on it of the 32.

Olympic Champ

I am much more normal in person sgallan

Touche'

That one literally had me rolling!

Olympic Champ

Hey, the guy was telling everyone his girlfriend is a supermodel named Jelly and he was a business major when in fact he was an English major. Sounds like he had problems to fit in.

Big - when you buy a gun it is a criminal background check, so if he has never done anything in the eyes of the law, he would not have had a problem getting a gun. Just because he was a quiet loner of sorts, and he kept a low profile until this happened has nothing to do with it.
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Yeah but nobody contacted his family, arranged a family meeting, tried to get him to talk. Some of these Asian kids are expected to be good, little robots and benefit American economy, and nothing more.

Nice to see that you are a racist, in addition to your other endearing qualities.

The truth is finally coming out. The Vt Tech police had him declared loony back in Dec 2005 and a judge required him to undergo psychoanalysis. Unfortunately, the doc cleared him and he walked out of the facility. That clearance allowed him back into school. Unless there is a medical declaration the university cannot bar him from continuing his education.

George Washington University banned a kid and he ended up suing and got a few mil out of it. Now a few mil is nothing compared to the V Tech tragedy, but it is an indication of the pickle universities are in.

MIT didn't send a student off for counseling and she torched herself in her room. The parents sued and setteld for $6 mil. GWU kicks the out for counseling, and loses a couple mil for doing so.

It's a thin fence the schools are teetering on. Combine that with the fact that usage of social / psychological couseling services at universities is 50% in the last 5 years and there are more students on behavior controlling drugs now than ever before and it's a sorry situation the schools are confronted with.

Just how much is a university obligated to invest in psychogical counseling for students? Right now it's a fee service offered by the university. I'm not talking about 1, 2, or 3 counselors. I'm talking staffs of 8-12 professionals on a campus the size of V Tech.