Thread: Spending the next two days in the hospital=Awesomeness, or something else.

Hybrid View

Default Spending the next two days in the hospital=Awesomeness, or something else.

So I ended up with a goose egg on my lower right leg (size of a small orange) and for two weeks it was just fine, no pain, no issues from 10/25 until Tuesday at 1600 when my leg began to balloon up, I got a fever and I couldn't even move my foot to drive home it hurt so bad (I put the cruise control at 30mph and used my left foot to run the brakes). I called to get into a doc on Wednesday had a fever of 101.7, couldn't get in my leg kept swelling so I went to the ER. They cut it open, the doc got squirted by the pus when it came out, there was so much. I got sent home with two holes tied open in my leg and was told to come back today to get it checked. By the time I got back my leg was completely red and swollen all the way around, with lots more puss. They cut it way open in the ER, squeezed it so hard that I almost pissed myself from the pain and now I'm getting IV antibiotics every 4 hours and get to spend the next 2 days in the local hospital.

Great way to celebrate my daughter's 5th birthday. . .

Someone post some great wrestling videos in the thread for me to watch I'm bored stiff and I'm not supposed to get up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Default Re: Spending the next two days in the hospital=Awesomeness, or something else.

Geez man. Wish I had an inspirational quip here, but I don't. So I will leave you with what my mom always told me when I didn't feel good.

"Maybe you just need to go poop."

Default Re: Spending the next two days in the hospital=Awesomeness, or something else.

Last edited by quinn14; 11-16-2013 at 12:22 AM.

RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Well my two day stay has now turned into a week plus. I'm hoping to be released by Wednesday or Thursday. I love being on bed-rest with my foot elevated above my heart for 20+ hrs a day. It's almost as much fun as the daily "massage" I get on my leg to squeeze the pus out of it followed by stuffing about 6 feet of gauze into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.