Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People who don't know left from right...

Were they doing this????

Last edited by BonnieJ2; 04-17-2007 at 05:10 PM.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

No, he's doing it with his right hand. They do it with their left because that way they see the "L" shape and know that it stands for "left".

Just Kidding!
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

I know. It would definitely be the pot calling the kettle black if someone who doesn't know right from left called someone else a loser.

Ok...how many people you know have to say part of the ABC's to figure out what letter a certain letter comes before or after?
    Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz

If anyone has ever been in the military then you have seen hundreds of 18-25 year olds not know left from right. When I was in a kid in my Company had to keep a rock in his left pocket so he could march.

Quote Originally Posted by swayz View Post
    Ok...how many people you know have to say part of the ABC's to figure out what letter a certain letter comes before or after?
    Guilty .
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

HAHAHA, great one Swayz. It definitely falls into the same category as the right/left debacle. Very nice avatar btw.

Quote Originally Posted by swayz View Post

I have always struggled with Left and Right and finally learned to use the holding up the finger trick to see which one is the "L". Now sometimes I can picture doing that in my head, so I don't have to be seen doing that in public.

I like to think of myself as a sharp person and did excellent academically.
    However, I appear to be missing some inate ability to distinguish rigth from left.
    When I played little league, I threw with my left arm, but could throw almost as far with my right. Over the years, my right has gradually taken over as the stronger throwing arm. I still favor my left for most things, but for others my right feels more natural and for somethings I am ambidextrous. All right, actually, most activities I have no coordination at all with either side.