Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 31 Dead at VT

Default 31 Dead at VT

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/Virginia_Tech_Shootings

Absolutely awful. Most deadly shooting in US History.

Yeah. Horrible. I heard the wrestlers were all accounted for and OK.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Tragic. Our world is seriously f'd.

On a side note....(i know I'm fighting a useless battle here), I hope that sports media leaves this alone. Outside of advertising a place for donation or console, this is NOT their arena.

The last thing I want to see are other media associations "cashing in" or "luring" people to their sites/publications through this tragedy. I know ESPN will have some spin on why it involves them. If an athlete is wounded or killed, I understand. But if not, do not solicit these headlines. It's not their place. I don't wanna hear from Lacrosse Weekly, Sports Illustrated or Themat.com on how this is pertinent to their sport.

And I know it doesn't need to be said, but the abundance of media coverage has made these killers famous. Makes me sick.

I know I seem a little angry about this, but I just don't want to see it. Thats just me.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671

About 9:15, the gunman chained the doors of the classroom building so his potential victims could not escape and police could not enter. Once inside There, he shot more than 50 people in multiple classrooms.

None of us thought it could have been gunshots,? a student who identified himself as Trey Perkins told MSNBC?s Chris Jansing in a telephone interview. ?... I?m not sure how long it lasted. It seemed like a really long time.?

Perkins said the gunman never said a word. ?He didn?t say, ?Get down.? He didn?t say anything.? He just started shooting.?

The gunman left that classroom and then tried to return, but students kept him out by bracing the door closed with their feet. ?He started to try to come in again and started shooting through the door,? Perkins said, but hit no one.

Sickening...absolutely sickening. More information comes in, and the worse the situation sounds.

You nailed it grips..... our world is seriosly f'd up! I still can't even believe what some people are capable of doing.

A lot of graduates of my daughter's high school attend Va Tech. All of the Glenelg alumni are okay from what I've heard.

GnH is right on. I flipped to ESPN, guess what was on. It was sickening when they covered Cory Lidle's plane crash for hours before his wife even found out. But he was an athlete. This is different. I really don't care what happened with the Va Tech football team as long as everyone was ok. Anyone who turns in to ESPN to find out sports news about something like this, I don't know what to say.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

One thing that scares me is that when the newscasters say that this was the most deadly shooting in US history, I know that some nut job will want to break the record. We're not in Baghdad, but we're getting there.

I hate that they report statistics about records too, i guess it is part of media sensationalism. I'm not sure if somebody will go after the record because of this record keeping, I think anybody who is sick enough to shoot people like this is probably going to go for as many as possible regardless of what will be said on the news...