Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I decided to go with a Japanese car

Olympic Champ

Default I decided to go with a Japanese car

After owning a Pontiac, a Camaro and an Impala I am switching to a Toyota Camry. I did a test drive and it felt great. The one I am getting tomorrow has a V-6 engine with 268 horsepower (Yay). I am leasing it. for 36 months. I had my Impala for 5 years and with the warranty running out I felt I will try a Japanese car. I think its a good deal with $330 per month and no money down other than my Impala that I traded and I still owed $5600 for it.

Now let me tell you the car sales people are the worst. I felt like I just wrestled in a tournament after all the sleazy negotiations. They never give you a price that you want right away and look for a fool to settle for a high payment. You have to basically threaten to walk out for them to get reasonable with you. I hate this part which makes the experience of buying a car a much less enoyable one.

Oh yeah, Toyota Camry is way better than Nissan Altima. Also, I checked out a Nissan Altima Coupe and I couldn't fit in it

Default Re: I decided to go with a Japanese car

Why didn't you go with a Russian car?
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    Why didn't you go with a Russian car?
    Funny you mention it. I would not mind but there are no Russian car dealerships in the United States.

I'm surprised you didn't just import one yourself.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

After all the crap you gave me for wanting to own only Asian cars? HYPOCRITE!

I actually just bought my first American made car a couple weeks ago. Enjoy your Camry, I'm a big fan of Toyotas. Had a Camry as my first car, then a Corolla... never had any problems with them, and both had over 150K miles when I traded them in.... then got a Subaru Forester when I moved to PA, for the all-wheel drive.... but it died on me last month at only 104K miles. I was wanting another Corolla but I got a deal I couldn't turn down on an 07 Malibu.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Olympic Champ

blue, I gave 10 years of my life to American auto industry. Its time for a change. American cars just don't have good deals and I am not going to pay $500 per month for another Impala when I can get a Camry for $330.

stardust, thanks, I am planning on enjoying it very much. Those are some serious mileages you allow on your cars. I dread driving old cars because I hate when they break down, especially if I don't have a warranty.

PS 07 Malibu is nice but I heard nobody can ignore an 08 Malibu.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    stardust, thanks, I am planning on enjoying it very much. Those are some serious mileages you allow on your cars. I dread driving old cars because I hate when they break down, especially if I don't have a warranty.

Don't worry, Toyotas don't break down I'd probably still be driving that Corolla if I hadn't moved to PA.

I've never owned a new car, so the 08 Malibu was not an option for me. I have never had a car payment. Got a great deal on the 07. The previous "owner" leased it for 4 months so it's pretty close to brand new for me. And better yet, it's paid for!
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    blue, I gave 10 years of my life to American auto industry. Its time for a change. American cars just don't have good deals and I am not going to pay $500 per month for another Impala when I can get a Camry for $330.

I agree, but you jumped all over me, and now you're whistlin' a different tune. Maybe an apology is in order? I'm just sayin'... I have a Hyundai Elantra, and (knock on wood) I love it. Before that, I had a Toyota Paseo that I drove to Washington, then to Connecticut, and then back to Chicago, with an oil leak. It didn't matter what I did to that car, it never stopped.

And for the record, buying a Toyota does support the American auto industry, it just doesn't support the car places that are headquartered in America. Your purchase supported the salesman (who are not all sleazy - my father is a car salesman), the porter who prepared your car for delivery, the receptionist who answered the phone or pointed you towards a salesperson, the finance person who made your deal, the used car manager who gave a price for your trade-in, and the factory workers who put your car together, (I think those cars are made in Tennessee) not to mention the various factories who made the different parts for your car. These is no such thing as an American car. The auto industry is global.