Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, check out a Soviet moped I owned in Russia

Olympic Champ

Default Hey, check out a Soviet moped I owned in Russia

Its the one with the small wheels with the name "Mini Mokick". I don't think it would handle me now though.

http://moped2.org/rmoped.htm

Wow..........I bet everyone called you "Mr. Cool"............

Olympic Champ

It was definitely a cool thing to do to own a moped in Russia. I was only 12 when I got it and the rules required me to be 14 to ride it, so I rode it only around my house with my parents or my brother nearby.

A moped like that used to cost about 270 rubles, about a month's pay for a good engineer. My parents would never give me that much money and working before you were 18 was illegal under Soviet law.

However, one day an older guy comes up to me on the street and tells me he is selling his moped for 60 rubles because he received a letter drafting him to go to the Army. I took his phone number and talked my father into checking it out. We went and bought it. It was 3 years old but it needed a little fixing so we painted it over and took the engine to a shop for a fix over. After that, it worked as good as new.

When we left to America, there was a shortage of mopeds since everything was terrible in the 1990, so I sold my moped to another guy for 270 rubles, the price of a new one that wasn't available at stores at that time.
    Last edited by Big; 04-15-2007 at 10:59 PM.

Quite a story about a moped.

You know what they say about mopeds? They are like fat girls, they are are fun until your friends see you on one!
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Olympic Champ

With the way gas prices are rising, many Americans will soon be riding mopeds/scooters as well. There is a commercial in NYC on the radio already advertising great mopeds that get 70 miles on a gallon. Ha! What say you to that Champ?

"I traded the van for it, straight up. I get 70 miles to the gallon on this hog."
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    With the way gas prices are rising, many Americans will soon be riding mopeds/scooters as well. There is a commercial in NYC on the radio already advertising great mopeds that get 70 miles on a gallon. Ha! What say you to that Champ?
    My commute is too long for a moped, but I have had thoughts of buying a motorcyle for the summer. I could see myself on one of these...

I would call work and say if I'm not there in 5 minutes... well I'm dead.

or

or
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Olympic Champ

It was definitely a cool thing to do to own a moped in Russia. I was only 12 when I got it and the rules required me to be 14 to ride it, so I rode it only around my house with my parents or my brother nearby.

So, Big, what did your mother say when you dumped oil on the floor, and did you ever leave any skid marks in the living room?

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post

So, Big, what did your mother say when you dumped oil on the floor, and did you ever leave any skid marks in the living room?

No, no, no. I guess thinking about Russian mopeds clouded my English writing skills. What I meant to say was I rode it around my neighborhood close to the building I lived in.