Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Isn't Most Notorious

Default Re: Big is not #1

Jtts was (is?) a helluva writer.

Quote Originally Posted by wrastler118 View Post
    Yeah, Marty is quite a tool. I remember some of those Mocco rants about him being the "Great Pumpkin."

I wish there was way to go back and view some of those famous posts.

Here's one that is quite hilarious and I hope never goes away. Posted by BAC from The Mat.

10. Easton will start the season ranked very low. Then they'll fare well at Reno, beating a bunch of West Coast teams ranked above them, and their ranking will jump. Then Easton will lose or have a close match to a Lehigh Valley team or two, and their ranking will plummet. Then they'll fare well in the post-season and their rank will suddenly improve again.

9. There will be at least 4 more Ohio wrestlers in the AWN individual rankings at year's end than are in AWN's current pre-season rankings. At least one will be a St. Eds kid. Relatedly, any OH wrestler whose father posts with regularity on Bob P's thread on the "billytickets" forum will be assured a ranking at year's end no matter how many times he loses.

8. Burrell High School's Jordan Shields -- who, in a truly amazing stroke of coincidence, appeared in AWN's individual rankings the same year that Burrell agreed to attend the Ironman -- will be quietly removed from the rankings by Bob P shortly after the Ironman ends.

7. Bob P will await the results of Senior Nationals before deciding whether to do a "final ranking." If OH fares poorly at Senior Nationals (i.e., OH wreslters underperform in relation to Bob P's rankings, as last year), Bob P will not update his rankings to reflect that reality. If, however, OH fares well at Senior Nationals, Bob P will promptly update his rankings. (Caveat: if NY also outperforms significantly in relation to their rankings, there is a 0% chance that Bob P will update, no matter how well OH fares.)

6. 100% of the Ironman individual titlists will be ranked in AWN's individual rankings. At least 2 of the Beast titlists will be omitted -- Bob P will say it was a "weak weight class" -- and 3-4 of the Reno titlists will be omitted.

5. Bob P will rank every single one the teams that places in the top 10 at Ironman in his AWN Top 40. More likely he will cram them in the top 30 or, in a possible redux of last year, he will jimmy all of them into the top 20.

4. By year's end (but before NHSCA Senior Nationals), not one single kid who goes to school West of the Mississippi will be ranked in Bob's individual rankings unless that kid is already listed in BobP's preseason rankings. In other words, if you go to school West of the Mississippi and you aren't already ranked, the only chance you have to break into the rankings this year is to attend NHSCAs and place high (but see #7).

3. No matter how obviously and outlandishly biased a given AWN ranking is, the moment that someone points it out on the message boards, diehard St. Eds fan and designated BobP apologist LkwdSteve will respond within 24 hours, arguing in earnest that the ranking is, in fact, a veritable model of objectivity and even-handedness.

2. Whenever someone points out that a ranked kid lost at the Super 32, Bob P will berate that person with assertions about how the Super 32 is only preseason, the kids are out of shape, the periods are shorter, and so on. But at the same time Bob P also will cite Super 32 performance as justification of his rankings of various Ohioans and/or Ironman attendees.

1. Numerous currently-ranked guys from wrestling-rich PA will lose to other tough PA guys, and Bob P will cite the loss as justification to drop that kid's ranking or remove him altogether. At the same time, currently-ranked guys from OH will lose to other OH guys, and Bob P will not only allow the kid to keep his ranking, but will rank the other OH kid as well.
    I didn't find this funny at all. Not truthful, not accurate, but a model of what the high school forum section of themat, the OFFICIAL website for USA wrestling, has become. The author, BAC, attacks Ohioans at all costs, and such attacks constitute the majority of his participation on that website.

This website is poorer for the droppings of Themat.com being repeated on here.

Thrinmo is who always drove me the most crazy. He attacked me, fudge, or anyone else who liked Mizzou.

He was the one who always talked about "poopers" too wasn't he?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    He was the one who always talked about "poopers" too wasn't he?
    yeah, I think he was the one that stalked Danielle
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    yeah, I think he was the one that stalked Danielle
    Yeah, I banned him, or an imitator of him for doing that shit over on the old board.

Steve, I don't really see that post attacking Ohioans. I see it poking fun at Bob. While his other posts may be less savory, I see that one as an example of quality satire.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    I didn't find this funny at all. Not truthful, not accurate, but a model of what the high school forum section of themat, the OFFICIAL website for USA wrestling, has become. The author, BAC, attacks Ohioans at all costs, and such attacks constitute the majority of his participation on that website.

This website is poorer for the droppings of Themat.com being repeated on here.
    Oh come on. This was funny whether its true or not. This can be taken with a grain of salt and a six pack of Bud.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Thrinmo is who always drove me the most crazy. He attacked me, fudge, or anyone else who liked Mizzou.
    Yeah, there was something wrong with the guy mentally I think. The only time he posted was to just be a smart ass or belittle someone and never once offered anything remotely positive to the sport.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Do you really want it in detail Jensen?

Ok, at the risk of polluting this board, here goes,

"10. Easton will start the season ranked very low. Then they'll fare well at Reno, beating a bunch of West Coast teams ranked above them, and their ranking will jump. Then Easton will lose or have a close match to a Lehigh Valley team or two, and their ranking will plummet. Then they'll fare well in the post-season and their rank will suddenly improve again."

This could (and has in the past) apply to any team in the country couldn't it? And it could apply to any ranking service. How is this satire?

"9. There will be at least 4 more Ohio wrestlers in the AWN individual rankings at year's end than are in AWN's current pre-season rankings. At least one will be a St. Eds kid."

What is this a satire of? Last year Intermat ranked more Ohioans than AWN and I'd bet that Intermat's Ohio number increased vs. pre-season more than AWN's.

"Relatedly, any OH wrestler whose father posts with regularity on Bob P's thread on the "billytickets" forum will be assured a ranking at year's end no matter how many times he loses."

You are talking about real people here, specifically two of them, Mr. Roddy, whose son Brain Roddy is probably ranked top 3 in all services and Mr. Palmer, whose son Collin Palmer is probably ranked top 5 in all services. Those are the two fathers that post there. Satire is supposed to be based on an element of truth. Well, where is it? Roddy had exactly one loss last year against a top notch schedule and Palmer achieved the same.

Why mock those two parents and their sons with this post?

"8. Burrell High School's Jordan Shields -- who, in a truly amazing stroke of coincidence, appeared in AWN's individual rankings the same year that Burrell agreed to attend the Ironman -- will be quietly removed from the rankings by Bob P shortly after the Ironman ends."

Some good satire would be to mock those that have already accused AWN, in past years, of deliberately doing what is described here. All this post does is make reference to past mind-numbing accusations.

"7. Bob P will await the results of Senior Nationals before deciding whether to do a "final ranking." If OH fares poorly at Senior Nationals (i.e., OH wreslters underperform in relation to Bob P's rankings, as last year), Bob P will not update his rankings to reflect that reality. If, however, OH fares well at Senior Nationals, Bob P will promptly update his rankings. (Caveat: if NY also outperforms significantly in relation to their rankings, there is a 0% chance that Bob P will update, no matter how well OH fares.)"

See #8. Simply repeating past accusations isn't satire.

"6. 100% of the Ironman individual titlists will be ranked in AWN's individual rankings. At least 2 of the Beast titlists will be omitted -- Bob P will say it was a "weak weight class" -- and 3-4 of the Reno titlists will be omitted."

Another vicious repetition of past accusations. Whatever AWN does may very well be done by other ranking services.

"5. Bob P will rank every single one the teams that places in the top 10 at Ironman in his AWN Top 40. More likely he will cram them in the top 30 or, in a possible redux of last year, he will jimmy all of them into the top 20."

Bac made this accusation last year. Again simply repeating accusations is not satire. I challenged him on this then. The top ten at the Ironman were ranked in the top 20 by AWN.

I asked him point blank "what team should be moved out, and who should replace them?" He couldn't answer, I guess, because maybe EVERY SINGLE ONE of those teams was deserving. Actually he did answer me. He said Moeller should be replaced by a certain PA team. When I pointed out that the PA team he cited was already 19th on AWN and consequently would only work to switch Moeller's 18th spot for 19th (thus leaving them in the top 20) his response was to say "what are you talking about?", and then clam up. That was pretty despicable.

"4. By year's end (but before NHSCA Senior Nationals), not one single kid who goes to school West of the Mississippi will be ranked in Bob's individual rankings unless that kid is already listed in BobP's preseason rankings. In other words, if you go to school West of the Mississippi and you aren't already ranked, the only chance you have to break into the rankings this year is to attend NHSCAs and place high (but see #7)."

I don't understand this post or how it qualifies as satire.

"3. No matter how obviously and outlandishly biased a given AWN ranking is, the moment that someone points it out on the message boards, diehard St. Eds fan and designated BobP apologist LkwdSteve will respond within 24 hours, arguing in earnest that the ranking is, in fact, a veritable model of objectivity and even-handedness."

More inaccuracy. I don't know enough about wrestlers nationally to rank them or critique rankings done by others. Period. But I will analyze the "complaints" of other posters by asking questions. See the example in number three above. I had no idea if AWN's top 20 should have included the Ironman top ten finishers, but the point I made with my questions to BAC was that BAC HAD NO IDEA EITHER. Some of the complaints are simply outlandish.

"2. Whenever someone points out that a ranked kid lost at the Super 32, Bob P will berate that person with assertions about how the Super 32 is only preseason, the kids are out of shape, the periods are shorter, and so on. But at the same time Bob P also will cite Super 32 performance as justification of his rankings of various Ohioans and/or Ironman attendees."

I wasn't aware that AWN EVER considered super32 in the past. That may change with the growth in stature of the field. Jason calls it a double edge sword to consider the super32 results. Certainly posters in general seemed to fall on both sides of the issue. Basically if "your" kid won, it counts. If he didn't win you had excuses. Not sure where the satire is.

"1. Numerous currently-ranked guys from wrestling-rich PA will lose to other tough PA guys, and Bob P will cite the loss as justification to drop that kid's ranking or remove him altogether. At the same time, currently-ranked guys from OH will lose to other OH guys, and Bob P will not only allow the kid to keep his ranking, but will rank the other OH kid as well."

A variation of accusations made above and in the past. AWN ranked more PA kids than Intermat did this past season. That's a fact. Make of it what you will, but calling this satire is not correct.

What it is is vicious and corrosive, and another attempt to attack someone that BAC doesn't like on a personal level. Bob P. probably called him names in the past and BAC must get revenge and keep getting it.