Thread: Watch This Without Laughing!

Default Watch This Without Laughing!

UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Default Re: Watch This Without Laughing!

I'm just curious, because I always find this interesting. Assuming that you find this funny, do you laugh more at the woman, or the newscasters' laughing?

The newscasters' laughing, hands down, for me.

Yeah - the models are doing the best they can, given what they are required to do. What is funny is the "professional" newcasters that can't control their response.
    I coach middle schoolers that are getting their first taste of wrestling. I often compare their early attempts to "a basket full of puppies, rolling around all over each other". I coach, encourage, yell at, scream at, and all but tear them to shreads - but I never laugh at them. (O.K., sometimes I have to make a quick trip outside to prevent it - but I NEVER laugh at them.) They are doing - to the best of their ability - what I asked them to do. Sometimes their interpretation of what I want done is a bit different from what I EXPECTED to be done, but it is, to the best of their ability, what they THINK I want done. I can't laugh at that. I can rant, rave, and act like a total lunatic (ask my wrestlers and/or their parents) but never laugh. That comes later, with a Jack Daniels and discussion with my wife.
    The model is doing the best she can with what she has been given by the designer. The newscasters, on the other hand, are merely asked to describe the event. There inability to do so "soberly" is funny.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

O.K. Just took a look at my response, and I think I came across a bit more pompous than I can really justify. (And trust me, I can easily justify a great deal of pompousity!) That said, I still think the humor is in the "professional" broadcasters than it is in the models.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

I felt sorry for the model (guess I didn't consider what she was paid), and thought the newsmen were a**holes. Maybe it would have been funnier if she had sprained her ankle. I didn't laugh at her or with them.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

I probably wasn't very clear. I never found the woman falling funny, but only the contagious laughing of the newscasters funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I probably wasn't very clear. I never found the woman falling funny, but only the contagious laughing of the newscasters funny.
    I understood that, but I thought that their laughter was mean spirited and, unlike a yawn, wasn't contagious.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.