Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USADA to Ban/Strip Lance Armstrong

RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: USADA to Ban/Strip Lance Armstrong

Personally I think that there has been a witch hunt out to get Armstrong for a long time. I'm not sure what else he is supposed to do besides pass all of the tests he's ever taken. Honestly I'm kind of sick and tired of hearing about someone accusing Armstrong of cheating every couple of months and then another investigation being launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

unless he has been found guilty of something; how do they strip him?

Cycling is probably one of the most corrupt sports. if they ban him they have to ban pretty much everyone.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

I agree with Snackem. Armstrong, IMO, did everything he was supposed to do. He also inspired millions. The sad fact of life is that people hate a winner.
    Why do people hate the Yankees?...Because they play by the rules and win. There is an example in every sport. Lance will always be an inspiration in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Personally I think that there has been a witch hunt out to get Armstrong for a long time.
    I kind of see things in a mix of both situations.

In all likelihood, I think he probably doped regardless of the test results. The likelihood of him being the ONLY clean rider in a ridiculously dirty sport are too high in my mind.

However he's a retired athlete who passed every test when he was competing, what in the world is the point of this now?

If they strip him, the title passes from a guy who doped, to ANOTHER guy who in all likelihood doped regardless of testing results.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post

In all likelihood, I think he probably doped regardless of the test results. The likelihood of him being the ONLY clean rider in a ridiculously dirty sport are too high in my mind.

However he's a retired athlete who passed every test when he was competing, what in the world is the point of this now?

If they strip him, the title passes from a guy who doped, to ANOTHER guy who in all likelihood doped regardless of testing results.
    You could very well be right but I can't bring myself to be that cynical yet. I know that cycling (and all sports) is dirty and full of PEDs but I have to look at a guy that never tested positive as clean. If the USADA is going to go after his titles then they need to make sure that the guy they're passing the titles on to first is just as clean, has been tested just as much with better results than Lance Armstrong. Really I don't see why this is still a news story and an issue with the USADA. He won his last title in what '05?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post

What he said.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think it was back on themat.com before this website was started that this topic came up. Back then, I posted that my friend had gone to his sister's wedding in Colorado, and one of the ushers was a teammate of Lance Armstrong. He said that Lance was definitely doping back then. Admittedly, this is hearsay and doesn't prove anything, but my friend thought that the guy was a reliable source. I agree with Jensen that doping is probably widespread, but if Lance is guilty and is emphatically lying through his teeth, and holds himself up as a "Livestrong" role model, let him suffer the consequences.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    What he said.
    What you said.