Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis ties record for dry spell

Default Re: Indianapolis ties record for dry spell

I also heard the other day that only 48% of the U.S. corn crop right now is healthy.

What does that mean for those living in non-corn states (as well as everyone else)? Higher prices for virtually everything!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Welcome to California! Errrrr . . . never mind.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Corn for grain - State Agricultural Production Rankings from StuffAboutStates.com

Iowa and Illinois way out in front and Indiana in 5th!
    I'm not surprised to see Indiana and Ohio in 5th and 6th, I'm more surprised by how far ahead Iowa and Illinois are. I knew both were known for their corn, but my gosh, they are waaaaay ahead of everyone.

I hate this song with a passion (not because of the "stereotype," but my brother in law would play it ENDLESSLY at family gatherings), but there's a reason why it was written.

Just as we speak of it, I am in the middle of a thunderstorm. This may mean I will have to mow grass. I am not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Just as we speak of it, I am in the middle of a thunderstorm. This may mean I will have to mow grass. I am not happy.
    Quinn - I have the answer to your problem!

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    Quinn - I have the answer to your problem!

Haha!! At the risk of sounding even more hillbilly than I probably already come off, my wife's best friend actually has a goat for that purpose. She and her husband live down by the Ohio River and their yard has a steep drop off before it levels out a bit into the river. I think her husband tried mowing it once or twice but decided that putting a goat in that area would be better.

They also have mounted a toilet seat to a tree stump in their yard in case you have an urgent need on the short walk down to the river. Oh, the friends we keep...

I will go on record as saying that THAT is about as green as you can get, and EXACTLY how it works in nature!

Haha!! At the risk of sounding even more hillbilly than I probably already come off
    Not possible.

They also have mounted a toilet seat to a tree stump in their yard
    OK, I was wrong.