Thread: A message from 5.11

Default A message from 5.11

I purchase a lot of my work clothes and my equipment from 5.11 Tactical. (If you need clothing and equipment that will stand up to a bit of abuse, I strongly recommend them!) I received this e-mail today. It moved me, and I thought I would share it:

Independence Day Message from 5.11 Tactical CEO, Thomas Davin

I have a flagpole in my front yard, and of course The Stars and Stripes always flies at the top, but I enjoy rotating other flags below. In anticipation of Independence Day in the United States, today I raised one of my favorites, the white “Don't Tread on Me” flag. Reflecting on the significance of Independence Day, I find this flag best symbolizes “all in” commitment to a cause. Very few are willing to stand under the banner of “Liberty or Death,” but this type of commitment resonates with so many in our 5.11 community, whether you are in the United States or another country, where you have fully committed yourself to a set of values that serve the greater good.

“Liberty or Death” is direct and unequivocal. The Culpeper Minutemen were organized in 1775 around the rural area of Culpeper, VA. If you were one of the 50 who volunteered to serve under this flag, there was no question about your willingness to sacrifice for the cause. Like the rattlesnake, these men wouldn’t strike first, but once provoked they were ready to sacrifice everything to defend the way of life they held dear.

In this modern era statements as direct as “Liberty or Death” might be considered too bold or inappropriately aggressive, but not in our community. Many of you have taken a solemn oath to serve and defend your country, city, county or town; so you fully appreciate straight talk. Your call to action may be different than “Liberty or Death,” but I’d bet the intent is quite similar.

Your friends here at 5.11 wish you and your families a safe, healthy and meaningful Independence Day. We’re proud to serve you.

Very Respectfully,

Thomas E. Davin
    CEO, 5.11 Tactical

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Default Re: A message from 5.11

Question (in my best Dwight Schrute impersonation) : I have recently seen a couple of greyhounds in our area (we used to have a greyhound racing track here, so there are still quite a few of them in this area) that had muzzles on them. Do you know why that would be?

From any experience that I ever had with them they were so gentle and docile that they almost weirded me out. Have you ever known them to be aggressive to require a muzzle?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Nice thanks for posting it, MR. Have you tried Promotive?

Verified members of certain teams (LE is one team) receives some excellent discounts and special offers.

I've never heard of 5.11 tactical but I'm loving them right now. We need to take a more aggressive stance against anti-American behavior. I know certain people on the left criticize this sentiment as simple-minded, but you are either with us or against us.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Question (in my best Dwight Schrute impersonation) : I have recently seen a couple of greyhounds in our area (we used to have a greyhound racing track here, so there are still quite a few of them in this area) that had muzzles on them. Do you know why that would be?

From any experience that I ever had with them they were so gentle and docile that they almost weirded me out. Have you ever known them to be aggressive to require a muzzle?
    While every dog has his own personality, I have only met two that showed much in the way of aggression. However, some are really bad around small animals - including small dogs. It also seems to be that a lot of small dog owners don't have the brains to recognize that allowing their little appitizer to run up to a large dog could be a problem. So it may be that the two you saw have a dog-dog agression problem and the owner, quite rightly, has chosen to muzzle them in public. Also, some (most) greys get really excited when they run and will reach over and bite the dogs running next to them. Kind of increasing that competitive edge a bit. That's why they are muzzled at the track. It may be that they were going for a run in the park and the owner muzzled them early. (I don't know why you would - it takes about 5 seconds to slip the muzzle on.) I have muzzles for mine that I use in some circumstances - like when introducing them to cats.
    Which leads me to a bit of news - more later - I have just adopted two new dogs - one a retired track dog and one a "desert dog", a lurcher that was running rabbits in the Mojave.

PM01 - thanks for the referral, I will check out Promotive.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Your welcome, MR. I do believe 5.11 is one of the participating tactical brands offering discounts to verified LE (military, etc). Ive ordered a couple knives at great values. I don't know if you will find anything worthwhile or if you will go through the verification process. I did soma year or two ago and have not regretted it. I was worried about spam and other hidden hooks but haven't experienced anything negative having done so.