Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to vent

Default Time to vent

Tball parents are BATSHIT CRAZY! I just finished coaching a TBALL game for my 5 yr old son and I witnessed on two seperate occasions grown adults once men and the other time women, about to go to blows over the intricacies of TBALL RULES! On neither occasion did either party know wtf they were talking about which made it even more fun to witness. I coach HS wrestling, competed in College and never have I seen more insane, fat, dipshit know it alls in my entire life.
    There I'm better......but really if anyone on this board is looking for pure entertainment and you want to see the armpit of society go to 5 yr old sporting events THEY ARE INSANE!

Default Re: Time to vent

must have been frustrating, but...you're a T-Ball rules expert? Then I have a question that's been f'ing haunting me for years!

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    must have been frustrating, but...you're a T-Ball rules expert? Then I have a question that's been f'ing haunting me for years!
    Pm, if a t-ball question has been haunting you for years, you have to get out more.

RD, it's a shame that parents don't realize the message they send to their kids when they act like assholes. In my opinion (which is always right), the purpose of amateur sports ant any level is to teach sportsmanship; respect for self, opponent and officials; how to win and lose with grace; and how to accept and deal with unfair situations. When parents go crazy over a call which, right or wrong, they aren't happy with, they are demonstrating to their kids that it's okay to bitch and moan to try to get your way. Then I'm sure they go home and yell at their kids for doing just that.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

QUIT volunteering !!
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

RD - feeling better?
    I umpired amateur baseball for more than 20 years - everything from the little ankle-biters in Little League to NCAA D-I ball. (Not varsity games at D-1 - in fact, I wasn't even first line at JV, I was an alternate who subbed when someone couldn't make it - but I still claim D-1 experience!) What that taught me was that the lower the level of ball, the worse the spectators were. By the time you are watching/umpiring/participating in JC, or even your better high school, teams you will find almost no stupidity in the stands. When some yo-yo does say something really stupid, the other fans bring him under control. It was a real pleasure.
    The flip side of that is the lower levels of ball. I think the problem is everybody played baseball. So everybody is an expert. Unfortunately, NONE of those experts really know or understand the rules - or the variations of the rules as applied to the lower levels of ball. Many of the people in the stands are still using the rules from their backyard games - anything hit over the right field fence goes into Mr. Smith's yard and he won't give the ball back - so that's an out kind of rules. Or they are taking their rules from Saturday afternoon on TV - where the commentators usually don't know what they are talking about - and try to apply them to lower levels of ball. I don't think 30% of the parents who watch high school baseball in California realize that the runner is automatically out if he slides directly into the base and makes any kind of contact with the fielder. The runner MUST avoid all contact. If he slides 3 feet outside the bag to avoid contact, and in the umpires judgment would have beat the throw, he is safe. (Caveat - those were the rules 12 - 15 years ago when I was still active.) You want to hear some screams? Make that call and see how people react.
    You are right, though. It is worse the younger the kids are. I have had managers come out and act like Billy Martin over a call in a game for 8 and 9 year-olds. I used to tell them that, no matter how good their Little League minors record is, the Yankees are not going to be offering them a contract. And, by the way, YOU ARE GONE! Jeez. I kind of miss that!

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

I used to write for a local paper and one of my assignments for the first few years was covering opening day of knothole baseball. I quickly found out why they gave me the assignment and didn't give it to a more experienced person. The very first year I did it, I ended up writing a story about the people working the concession stands and ended it by saying that it was the only place in the entire complex where I didn't have to hear parents screaming like children (or something to that effect). The story prompted several angry parents to write in and complain. The sports editor printed those letters in the next week's Saturday paper. I don't know if those people were embarrassed or not, but they quit writing in

And here I thought that all media was librul.

Crazy me...
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    Hilarious! I am not even a journeyman in my experience as a Tball rules expert but one mans arguement he compared a situation in the Tball game sighting a rule in Major League Baseball! The similarities of MLB and Tball rules is about the same as a comparison rule between MMA and Folkstyle wrestling. I about lost it as he compared Tball to MLB.
    Thanks for replies made me giggle.
    BTW tournament continues today for more interaction with the crazies....
    And C'mon Russ its my son I have to volunteer!
    My son did recognize one of hisv TBall competitors and he said to me, "Dad I wrestled that boy and pinned him in 48 Seconds..Highlight of my day

2 words . Asst . Coach.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.