Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm a "TheMatForums" Celebrity!! lol

Default Re: I'm a "TheMatForums" Celebrity!! lol

I did get a call from a friend at USAW that basically told me the reason why I was banned was because Sesker didn't agree with what I had to say about his opinion piece.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrastler118 View Post
    I did get a call from a friend at USAW that basically told me the reason why I was banned was because Sesker didn't agree with what I had to say about his opinion piece.

If thats true, what an insecure weenie he is. He made sure you were banned because of what you said about his opinion piece? His not too big on anyone's opinion but his huh?

Jacob

I was just happy that he thought I had anywhere near the Computer Skills you have. I felt honored to be held in the same Breath. I actually think Kenny Sunday may be Garry Abott but who knows.

Anyways, Jacob you do great work Keep it up.

P.S. I am not all the likeable, I just threaten people into liking me.
    Aequitas - Veritas (is Latin)
    C?ir - F?rinne
    Justice - Truth

Quote Originally Posted by JulioSantiago View Post
    If thats true, what an insecure weenie he is. He made sure you were banned because of what you said about his opinion piece? His not too big on anyone's opinion but his huh?

That was my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by wrastler118 View Post
    That was my thoughts exactly.
    We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, but the one thing you have NEVER been is a hypocrit, which that forum is full of. To top it off Sesker's article was full of hypocrisy also.

I almost posted objections to the article, but others had it figured out and were pretty eloquent in putting it down. Better than I could have. The posts were so good that I figured that thread would get trash-canned. It didn't take long.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Wrastler,
    You do realize columns are journalistic. The writer had an opinion, he wrote it. I'm no different. People disagree with my written opinions all the time, but I have a space in W.I.N. and on my blog to spout off on topics.

My "opinion" on the racism in last year's finals directed at Phil Davis pissed off a lot of people. It's on the same line as Sesker's piece, because it's a column, an opinion. Plenty of facts and thoughts to back up his claims. It wasn't a remedial 050-level composition, it was a column.

If you don't like my opinions, that's fine, it's your prerogative, but when you attack someone's ability and background and their basis as a writer, that's where things might get sketchy.

In my case, I get defensive when people say, "horrible article," but I want to know why it was horrible. Was it sentence structure, missed modifiers ... "horrible" doesn't mean it isn't well-written and without thought.

Do I agree with Craig's opinion? Not entirely. There are points I do and points I don't.

I believe only one third of the truth is being displayed here. There's three sides, your side, my side and the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    We haven't always seen eye-to-eye, but the one thing you have NEVER been is a hypocrit, which that forum is full of. To top it off Sesker's article was full of hypocrisy also.

I almost posted objections to the article, but others had it figured out and were pretty eloquent in putting it down. Better than I could have. The posts were so good that I figured that thread would get trash-canned. It didn't take long.
    Yeah my response apparantly was so good, that it not only banned me for good, but pissed Sesker off personally. I wonder if their going to yank my coaches card now.

So is that address where I can find this Schlottke fellow? I got some beefs with him regarding a mod on the wrestling talk.com and hes been ignoring my emails. that rascal can only hide from me for so long.

Pimach - That address is about 5 years old, I wouldn't leave a current one in whois.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    Wrastler,
    You do realize columns are journalistic. The writer had an opinion, he wrote it. I'm no different. People disagree with my written opinions all the time, but I have a space in W.I.N. and on my blog to spout off on topics.

My "opinion" on the racism in last year's finals directed at Phil Davis pissed off a lot of people. It's on the same line as Sesker's piece, because it's a column, an opinion. Plenty of facts and thoughts to back up his claims. It wasn't a remedial 050-level composition, it was a column.

If you don't like my opinions, that's fine, it's your prerogative, but when you attack someone's ability and background and their basis as a writer, that's where things might get sketchy.

In my case, I get defensive when people say, "horrible article," but I want to know why it was horrible. Was it sentence structure, missed modifiers ... "horrible" doesn't mean it isn't well-written and without thought.

Do I agree with Craig's opinion? Not entirely. There are points I do and points I don't.

I believe only one third of the truth is being displayed here. There's three sides, your side, my side and the truth.
    If you came off as homerish as Craig did in his opinion piece(I call it opinion piece because I wouldn't pass it off as an article), I'd say the same thing. However, I would expect you to be professional in the sense that you wouldn't get my thoughts or anyone elses thoughts that differed from yours, deleted or banned. You would be open to dialogue. Why? Because you're professional, even when in disagreement. After today, I can't say the same about Craig.

Truth is, I was pretty spot on with my assessment in that they are trying to do damage control for their Golden Boy. The best thing Craig could've done when watching those Iowa fans cheer for Brent at their party is considered talking to Brent about maybe doing the right thing and apologizing right then and there. Instead he did the opposite and talked about how great it was that they were cheering for him. Again, very homerish and so not the right thing to do. Especially as a reporter.

Sad thing is, I can almost guarantee I will be banned from all USAW major events now because of the grudge they hold. Al because I had a different opinion from them. I did get a phone call from a friend at USAW and he totally agreed they were out of line with what they are doing and he too disagreed with what Sesker said. However, when talking, I got the sense that they didn't want to world to know they disagreed with Craig out of fear they may lose their job. Pretty crappy if you ask me.

This has really opened my eyes up to what USAW is really all about and as a USAW coach, who has backed them up on numerous things, I'm going to have a hard time wanting my kids to be a part of anything USAW. I'm almost to the point where I want to work my hardest against them and hurt them where it counts, by starting up an organization, much like what Michigan has done with MyWay. We'll see.

One thing is sure though, I don't expect to be getting any nice greetings when I take my team to the Olympic training center this summer to visit. Heck, they may just ban us from the facility.