Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: Does this make any sense to anyone?

Default Re: Does this make any sense to anyone?

I haven't learned a damned thing from BB's posts other than he / she may be the most obnoxious person on the planet.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

We can do without the personal attacks. Attack positions, not people.

As far as Ban's POSITIONS on this go, I don't think they are thought through very well.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    Sarcasm? My post was dead serious.

And what is the FIRST priority of educators?
    If equating my belief in equal treatment-which has been my point throughout-with a violation of the Ten Commandments isn't sarcastic, then you (1) haven't been able to follow my one point or (2) are taking me way too seriously.

The first priority of educators is following state and federal guidelines, and our bosses guidelines. That's what keeps the system going. If we don't do that, then we aren't educating by policy.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Clearly the priority of an educator is to make sure that kids not that rules are rules and there are no such thing a exceptions to said rules nor are there any circumstances in which the rules might be bent for any individual and that all violations of the rules will be punished to the strictest penalty regardless of the any circumstance surrounding the violation.

If your late to class because you were in a car accident then that's just to bad, you got detention.

If you to under go chemo in the middle of a semester, you had better get your radioactive ass to class or Ban will fail, in accordance with the attendance policy.

At least this is what I have learned from reading Ban's posts.
    And you would be DEAD ON correct, my man!

Thank God that we are given the freedom as educators to set our own class policies, that students have the freedom to stay in that class or drop that class based on those rules, but, most importantly, my students are adults. They can choose to enroll in our school, they can choose to take my class, and they can choose to drop my class. It's worked for 16 years, why change it now?

You think mandatory policies for all instructors/professors should be the mandated by Deans, Mr. Freedom? If so, then stay out of the edurcation bidness. We all would be WAY better off with you out of the system! I couldn't imagine what would happen to some of our academic programs that require for licensing and certification that students miss only a certain number of days, and absolutely NO days in some circumstances.
    Last edited by ban basketball; 06-06-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    We can do without the personal attacks. Attack positions, not people.

As far as Ban's POSITIONS on this go, I don't think they are thought through very well.
    1. Over 16 years of teaching and my policies and belief in treating everyone equally isn't "well thought out?"

2. Are you an edurcator? If not, then what do you know that we don't?

3. Are you saying that the school should NOT follow the law and just allow their students to be tardy, regardless of circumstance? If not, what circumstances should be allowed, and how do you know when those circumstances are valid or a lie?

4. Should the judge not enforce the law? If he should enforce it, should he pick and choose between students' cases, and how do you do so in line with fairness, the law, and students who are lying about why they are absent?

What's not well thought out?
    Last edited by ban basketball; 06-06-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Could I ask why I FIRST can be openly insulted by payton, then when I insult back my post gets deleted?! Why is he ok to do so? Sympathy?
    Last edited by ban basketball; 06-06-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Could I ask why I FIRST can be openly insulted by payton, then when I insult back my post gets deleted?! Why is he ok to do so? Sympathy?
    I didn't delete it because you insulted him I deleted it for the same reason I deleted his, I dont think you guys should be threatening physical violence or inviting it on a forum. I dont really care if you insult one another but threatening to shut the other persons mouth with physical violence I am sure is frowned upon. If you want to do it then do it via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    If you want to do it then do it via PM.
    Hey, I don't get paid to mediate beefs anymore. But when I did, I really enjoyed the job.

Ugly,
    I posted the 2 contrasts in BB's perceived attacks. I called him ( deservedly) a ''royal prick''.
    He then unleashes threats and obscene comments .BB is not worth getting into a disagreement with ,IMO.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.