Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2

Default Re: What are you reading 2

There is a difference between someone conducting interviews of first responders and then writing a book vs a special forces operator writing his own book but I guess you are too stupid to know that.

You got me I'm just too stupid to see the difference. I cant contend with that intellectual argument. I am sure everyone is now convinced that you are right because of that in depth and riveting retort.

This is what we do know, you made a judgement about a man who many would consider a hero before even reading the book to see what it contained. I am sure then you must also believe That Major Dick Winters is also a d-bag for writing a book about his experience in WWII. Or how about Robert Leckie who authored A Helmet for my pillow, about his experience in the pacific during WWII. How about Audie Murphy, for writing to Hell and Back. you would have a problem with all of these but when someone asks to interview rescuers of the 9/11 tragedy you somehow differentiate between the two because of who was doing the writing. I personally dont have a problem with one or the other but it seems to me that writing your own book or allowing your story to be told by someone else is the same idea.. But hey I'm too stupid to know the difference.

On the point of the thread I am reading Crime and Punishment.

If you could pull your head out of your ass for just a moment. If a member of the special forces community writes a book with specific details concerning a fairly recent operation, it is frowned upon especially if the brass doesn't get a chance to read it first. You are not making an apples to apples comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by scuba31 View Post
    If you could pull your head out of your ass for just a moment. If a member of the special forces community writes a book with specific details concerning a fairly recent operation, it is frowned upon especially if the brass doesn't get a chance to read it first. You are not making an apples to apples comparison.
    That was not your original objection, you said they should be humble with tight lips and then stated that you assumed his ego got the better of him. You never mentioned the upper brass. I doubt he revealed any top secret info, and I am sure someone got a hold of the book before it was released. You made it see like you thought people in those positions should just be humble and go about their business and not seek the notoriety for their actions., are you now changing your argument.

Not at all. I still think special operators should be tight lipped about their specific contributions to individual missions.

Brotherhood Of Darkness. -Dr. Stanley Monteith--a well written and researched by an orthopedic surgeon in the early 60's who decided to look into the realities of what was going on around him .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Scuba this is your one and final warning. You can have differing opinions but, there is no need to try and degrade other posters in order to get you point accross. You can be civil. If you choose to post in your current style you will be relieved of your posting privilages. Thank you.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

and Russ please report the post and let the moderators handle things like this.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton