Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blacks in Iowa sue over subconcious racism ??

Default Re: Blacks in Iowa sue over subconcious racism ??

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I'm not an attorney, but I would doubt it highly....
    Not too long ago I would have highly doubted that a claim like suing someone's subconscious mind would have been given the time of day. I would have highly doubted the UN and an American president trying to force a "global minimum tax" was possible, as if that is even close to something in our Constitution. I would have highly doubted that a woman who started an entire business for the purpose of cleansing the world of blacks and the weak would be praised by a former first lady. I would have highly doubted that a new Van Halen cd back with David Lee Roth would suck. And I definitely would have doubted that David Taylor would have gotten pinned in the National finals. So I leave nothing to doubt anymore.
    Last edited by quinn14; 02-18-2012 at 05:13 PM.

i tried to take one of those tests but you have to have 2 hands or huge hands as you have to have one finger on E and one on I and the pictures cone at you a 100 miles a minute .maybe when i can use my arm again.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    i tried to take one of those tests but you have to have 2 hands or huge hands as you have to have one finger on E and one on I and the pictures cone at you a 100 miles a minute .maybe when i can use my arm again.
    I'd sue under the people with disabilities act if I were you. Hey, if you can't beat 'em.......

I've been advised to do just that. We live in an over litigeous -sp-society.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    We live in an over litigeous -sp-society.
    Possibly the understatement of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I'd sue under the people with disabilities act if I were you. Hey, if you can't beat 'em.......
    I would sue Quinn for inferring that you were Handicapped! We all know you are Handicapable!!
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

I would have highly doubted that a new Van Halen cd back with David Lee Roth would suck.
    Hold on Quinn. The new VH is pretty damn good. When I first heard "Tattoo" I was disappointed but that song is probably the weakest on the album. I recommend you give it another chance.

They did it for firefighter jobs in Dayton a few years ago. They lowered the passing rate for blacks to below a failing rate while everyone else still had to score somewhere in the "C" average range. It's sad.
    I was just reading about this change of standard. This didn't apply to just minorities, but all applicant/recruits.

The rationale that I read was that there were dozens of civil service (police and fire) workers retiring, and under the old standard, too few people were passing the tests to make up for the need for recruits that were needed.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I was just reading about this change of standard. This didn't apply to just minorities, but all applicant/recruits.

The rationale that I read was that there were dozens of civil service (police and fire) workers retiring, and under the old standard, too few people were passing the tests to make up for the need for recruits that were needed.
    From the Dayton Daily News:

The Dayton Daily News reported last week that the DOJ rejected the passing scores the city submitted for its police exam after not enough black applicants passed. There were 490 passing scores out of nearly 1,100 test takers. Fifty-seven out of 225 blacks passed the exam.

Dayton delays firefighter exam; applicants in limbo

That means 433 non-blacks passed the test. I wonder what the ratio of blacks vs non-blacks is allowed to be for the fire dept.? I don't know, but the way it reads to me is that they HAVE TO HAVE more blacks pass, otherwise it wouldn't have been worded that way.

Also:

DAYTON — The city’s Civil Service Board and the U.S. Department of Justice have agreed on a lower passing score for the police recruit exam after it was rejected because not enough blacks passed the exam.

City agrees to lower test scores for police exam

You may be right that they lowered the score for all applicants. I must have read that wrong. But as we can see, they had to do it because not enough blacks passed either exam. This can only meant that blacks will be the only ones benefiting from the lowered scores. I would suggest recruiting from outside the area and have capable police and firemen instead of just lowering the scores to failing levels. All that means is that you will get failing results.
    Last edited by quinn14; 02-22-2012 at 04:14 PM.