Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hip, hip, hooray!

Default Re: Hip, hip, hooray!

You're a tough old fart. You will be fine. Just remember. No Pain, No Gain. It will hurt real bad when you start recovery (rehabilitation). You have to break up the scar tissue that will form from the surgery. Keep us posted!! Sent up a prayer for you.

I had ankle surgery about 15 years ago. It hurt like crazy. I now have good motion and can tell when the weather is going to change.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Surgery went great. Today I walked with a walker and then with just a cane. I'm probably going home tomorrow. Thanks to all of you for your support. As I told Quinn, I promise I will do all my homework. My wife used to be a rehab nurse, so I won't have a choice.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Surgery went great. Today I walked with a walker and then with just a cane. I'm probably going home tomorrow. Thanks to all of you for your support. As I told Quinn, I promise I will do all my homework. My wife used to be a rehab nurse, so I won't have a choice.
    Geez, not a single grammatical error. I figured you be a little dopier than that. More fair weather ahead which should be good for exercising outdoors. Keep in touch Hopalong.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

A little motivation:

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Spider update:

It's been three weeks since my hip replacement, and my recovery has been remarkable. I give all the credit to my surgeon, who used a custom fitted artificial hip and excellent surgical technique. Most of the swelling has gone down, and there is very little residual pain. I voluntarily stopped taking pain medications about a week and a half ago. The hip joint feels perfect, and the only pain I have now is from where the muscles were cut to allow access to the joint. At this point, I am walking with a cane, although I can walk without it for short distances if necessary. I have exercises to do, but my main physical therapy is walk, walk, walk. In fact, I just got in from a 30 minute walk outside. My only limitations are that I can't bend over or cross my legs until two months post-op, or I risk dislocating the hip, and I can't drive until then. I expect to return to work on April 16. I do miss work, and I regret that I had to cancel my plans to go to the NCAA DI's, but I'm glad that I will be pain free and mobile for the spring and summer.

Thanks again for all of your good wishes and words of encouragement.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Good to hear that your recovery is going so well Spider!
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Spider got married while I was gone! Congrats... on both the wedding and your successful surgery!
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

You are sooo out of the loop.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Stardust - whatever you're drinking - can I get a bottle?

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.