Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If anyone's watch Pitt v Navy

Default Re: If anyone's watch Pitt v Navy

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    I just wish Lou Holtz would spit out the marbles that are in his mouth.
    I'll second that. I had to mute the TV and I'm listening to the broadcast on Sirius.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    I'll second that. I had to mute the TV and I'm listening to the broadcast on Sirius.
    ESPN will hire any former coach/athlete, no matter how much they have to offer.

Sean Salisbury, Emmit Smith, Lou Holtz, and Desmond Howard are all ridiculously bad. If I sat here for another ten minutes, I could probably name six or seven other slugs who never provide any insight. It's a shame, because ESPN is pretty good overall.

Theismann
    Joe Morgan

In terms of the game, I can't believe I was dumb enough to pick a team coached by Dave Wannstedt. How do you not just take the points, and continue the game in that situation?

But he scores everyday in practice with that play. By golly it should work everytime in the game too; don't you know that.

Anyone else think Wannstedt was stupid to go for two on the pass instead of forcing another OT.

Play for the tie at home (then OT), play for the win on the road.

Now I understand how Dolphins fans felt.

I don't have a problem with him going for the win from the 2. I just don't the dafe pass is the right play in a do or die situation like that one. Sure, they hit the same plass for the 2nd TD of the night, but it is a high risk play in any situation.

The Navy D line was 50-60 lbs under the Pitt O line. If you can't blow Navy off the ball for two yards with the horses Pitt has up front then Pitt has far less talent than anyone can imagine and yes he should have kicked for the tie. The Pitt tailback had a great game, he was the go to guy for that play.

Mayor of Bringsburg homerdindon's Avatar

The thing is, they should have ran it twice, not just on the last play, since they obviously knew they were going for the win instead of the tie. I think marble-mouth mentioned that as well.