Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my surgery

You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: my surgery

Good morning. I hope you heal quickly and this surgery is most successful. This cant be easy so keep your head up.

Dammit, Russ! I was just sitting down to a bowl of strawberries and cream when I started your vid!
    Good luck on this. I'll be thinking about you.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

My wife is an OR nurse and does this stuff daily, but I'll skip the video and let my imagination suffice, especially since I may have a hip replacement in my future.

Good luck. The result will be worth it.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Russ, I will pray for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

TWT family,
    a set back. i developed an infection ans ran a temp of 104.7-so out of it they performed a spinal tap on me of which i have no memory . Shoulder was red and on fire yet the infection was in my lungs . Just came home today from ICU.I have a PICK line in and have to return for fresh antibiotics bag every morning for 2 weeks .
    FOLK, big insurance tells hospitals what and when to do it . thanks to H.Clinton we now have guidelines for each type of surgery -regardless of complications .This is supposedly to save money -I was tossed out of the hospital awaiting a transfusion 36 hours upon completion of surgery-sent to a rehab facility (joke) , then back to hospital 3x then home then back to iCU for 5 days. Y not leave me in the hospital (since they knew i had complications ?)rather than readmit me 4 x ?
    clinton ran this bill through as she is on the payroll of big pharma and the insurance companies as a ''consultant''.
    y surgeon's office contacted my older sister (while on vacation in san /fran and told her if she wanted to see me alive again to come home .(which she inexplicably did).
    I am very grateful for my surgery as i still have a chance at regaining the use of my right arm-YET this did NOT have to be so dam complicated.The infection formed a series of ''cold sores which ran from my chin to deep inside my nose and they were afraid the infection would spread to my brain .A 2 hour surgery took 3 1/2 hours and my hemoglobin count was below 8-yet I was chased out awaiting a transfusion . They sent me home yet now I must find a way to the hospital every day for fresh dressings and IV - antibiotics-(can't drive for a while )-other examples include 36 hours for a hip replacement,48-72 for transplant surgery ???, etc..
    I imagine these rules saved the hospital -10 k easily . Rather than kep me until healthy or at least healing,sending me out nearly killed me and cost extra money.
    Thanks to everyone for keeping me in your thoughts.
    RUSS
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Praying for you Russ!

Good thing you are a wrestler and are tough!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Sounds pretty bad, but hopefully you'll be like new or as close to it as possible when it's over. I'm scheduled to go in for a hip replacement in mid February (on Valentine's Day actually), so I hope it goes smoothly. The doctor said I will be washing the area for two days prior with a special antibacterial soap to prevent infection. Sh!t can always happen, but you seem to get more than your share.

You are right - your TWT family is behind you.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.