Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Default Re: What are you listening to?

A little bit retro. This really takes me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    A little bit retro. This really takes me back.
    retro is definitely the word. using the horns kind of reminds you of the big band area yet progressive sound for the time that they were "hot" in.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

This was a side project of Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden fame. It was back in the 90s and I loved this band but forgot all about them.

This is his new side project called Primal Rock Rebellion.

I was tipped off to this band by That Metal Show. Kinda 80ish.

I would be as rich as Curtis Lowe himself if I had a nickel for every time my dad played this song while I was growing up. Love it!!

A new song from a classic band.

Keith Merrow releases his CDs and downloads on his website, it's pretty good stuff if you're into a bit of metal. The solo is done by Jeff Loomis, a player who doesn't get enough recognition outside of a fairly small circle. If you can appreciate guitar technique, watch how quiet Loomis's right hand is while he is shredding away. No tension, no wasted movement, his left hand is doing all the work. Really a great lesson that in order to play fast you need to have a very relaxed and centered right hand. Anyway...

By the way, when I played that video as embedded at TWT, there was a weird lag between audio and video. It could be my connection or something else on my end, but if there is a lag then you can always double-click on the video and it will automatically take you to the original youtube video.

Sometimes you just have to wake up listening to retro-glam rock really loud at 9 am on a Sunday in the middle of the suburbs & pretend you are 14 again making pancakes while the parents aren't home.