Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: On a much lighter note . . .

Default Re: On a much lighter note . . .

Hey Spider, just logging in to check on the Midlands and I saw that you got married! Congratulations to you both - wishing you much happiness.

Bonnie James
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Bonnie - sure wish you would return to being a regular contributor. I miss you.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

OK. I'll try to check in now and then. It's good to see that things are going well for Spider. Hopefully for everybody else too.
    I'm just a casual wrestling fan these days, my kids are done and there's a few young kids in our family in wrestling, but kind of a lull in HS and college. We did have a niece bring a HS wrestler (boyfriend) to Christmas dinner. He sat on the couch and watched sports while we ate. We tried to keep people from bringing pie and cake in the living room so he wouldn't be tempted.
    My job went away about a year and a half ago - the whole division closed, so I'm freelancing. I took some web design classes and have been doing some of that, keeping really busy. I'd like to go back to full time work, but most people want someone with 5 years of experience and want to pay about half of my last salary. So I've just been going project to project. Luckily, I could transfer our health insurance to my husband's job. Here's my website - Bonnie James design portfolio
    Boys are good, the youngest just finished a semester in Sevilla, Spain. We went to see him on his birthday in November. It was an awesome trip for us - Madrid, Sevilla, Cordoba, Jerez and Gibraltar. He's going back to Iowa City next week. We're thinking of driving out for the Iowa-Northwestern meet if the weather holds up....
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Thanks, Bonnie. Good to hear from you.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.