Thread: World Series

Default World Series

If you all aren't watching this, your crazy. As a die hard Reds fan, I am supposed to hate the Cardinals. But Pujols and Berkman are such good guys on and off the field, I want to root for them. Plus they are National League.

But.....Nolan Ryan is one of my all-time favorites and I love (former Red) Josh Hamilton. I am torn!! But it is a fantastic series so far. And tied 2-2 in the 8th inning of the 5th game. Great series so far.

Who is everyone else rooting for?

BTW- There must be a beard bet going on. Waaay too many of them on both teams. I just wonder what the bet was.
    Last edited by quinn14; 10-24-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Default Re: World Series

Fat Albert shut all the newsies up ! Talked about him leaving after losing ? Comes back with a MONSTER game .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Pujols, Berkman and Hamilton are all just solid men. So is Nolan Ryan. This whole series is a battle of good guys. I just want to know what the heck is up with the beard bet!

Lifelong Braves fan but all I can say is WOW! That was one of the greatest (not actual play but drama)games that I have ever watched in baseball and when I woke up at 6 tired as Shit I screamed thank you baseball and smiled!
    Amazing game.......who ya got in 7?

Quote Originally Posted by RD149-2 View Post
    Lifelong Braves fan but all I can say is WOW! That was one of the greatest (not actual play but drama)games that I have ever watched in baseball and when I woke up at 6 tired as Shit I screamed thank you baseball and smiled!
    Amazing game.......who ya got in 7?
    Amen. Just an unbelievable game. Cards down to their last STRIKE TWO TIMES!!!!! I had to wake up the wife just to tell her about it. Needless to say, she wasn't as cranked up about it as I was. I have to go with the Cards now, after all that and with Carpenter going. But with the way things went last night,...who the hell knows.

I woke my wife up when Freese hit the triple in the 9th. I didn't mean to, but a big "WoooHoo" followed by clapping and yelling to my dog "Did you see that!?" When I tried to explain how historical the game was and I couldn't help it, she mumbled something under her breath and went back to the bedroom.

I still don't care who wins, because with this series all baseball fans have won. But if I had to place a bet, I'd have to go with the Cardinals. Hard to bet against Pujols at crunch time, even with Holliday not playing tonight. But you never know. Hamilton could have a monster game too.

Right up there with the 1975 game 6, 1986 Game 6, 1993 Game 6...
    When Freese had 2 strikes on him in the 9th I told the people I was watching this with that the Cardinals were going to win the WS. THey just laughed. Next pitch BOOM. 2 innings later they were shaking their heads.

A triple to tie the game, then a homer to win it last night. A double to tie the game in the first and now a catch over the railing. David Freese is having one heck of a series. Another good game so far.

and LaRussa decides it doesn't get any better than this and hes out