Thread: Gunner Kiel-huge QB

Default Gunner Kiel-huge QB

does this kid look like a Quarter back ? Gunner Kiel-son of Former hoosier football and basketball star Blair Kiel- has been named Indiana's top QB-last years top QB won the state wrestling title at 215 going 32-0 and pinning everyone at State.
    My sr. year in HS our defensive line had NO one as big as Gunner.

You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: Gunner Kiel-huge QB

I'll be watching for this kid!

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

This kid has decided to play football at IU ?? IU has had plenty of good QB's-but mostly in the mold of Randel-el-someone who could get out of the pocket before he was killed .As the #1 ranked QB in the nation this is a coup for IU BUT he will have to beat out his brother for the starting job ?? His uncle ,Blair , played for notre dame and had a 10+ year career in the NFL.
    IU has supposedly renewed it's commitment to football and just built a multi-million dollar facility and hired Oklahoma' offensive coordinator ,Kevin Wilson, as their new head coach.

Kiel led Columbus East to a 9-2 record last season while passing for 2,645 yards and 36 touchdowns. He picked Indiana over Alabama, Missouri, Oklahoma, among other schools.
    Kiel's uncle is former Notre Dame quarterback Blair Kiel and his older brother Dusty is the Hoosiers' likely starter at quarterback this season. Kiel's oldest brother Drew was a quarterback at Illinois State but will be at Indiana this fall pursuing a master's degree.
    Gaddis said the chance to play alongside his brother Dusty was the biggest reason Kiel picked Indiana.
    "For the family, I'm sure they're happy that those two are playing there," Gaddis said. "He visited a lot of universities, but every time he went there, he felt very comfortable. He knew a lot of the players and the coaches. His brother made sure of that."
    Since Dusty is a redshirt sophomore this season, the two brothers have three seasons to compete for the same job.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

''Dick Dullaghan, a retired coaching legend from Ben Davis and Carmel, has watched Kiel develop since he started coming to Dullaghan?s football camps as a sixth grader. He said Kiel compares favorably to other top in-state quarterbacks who have attended his camps Dick Dullaghan, a retired coaching legend from Ben Davis and Carmel, has watched Kiel develop since he started coming to Dullaghan?s football camps as a sixth grader. He said Kiel compares favorably to other top in-state quarterbacks who have attended his camps over the years, including Jeff George and Rick Mirerover the years, including Jeff George and Rick Mirer''-Indianapolis Star

I've known Dick for over 25 years and he is a high school football legend-(his step-son wrestled for us at Fulton-)-and if Dick is sold on this kid maybe he is special after all.
    This signing could change things at Iu as the top in state linebacker and receiver signed as soon as they heard Gunner had signed.

His name is freaking Gunner.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Gunnar is a common Scandinavian name

With a name like Gunner you'd better be able to walk the walk-this kid is graduating a semester early to be in Spring football camp..
    I've gotten my hopes up for IU foorball in the past and been disappointed-I hope they can turn things around.

There's no reason Indiana can't be a contender.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Columbus East's Gunner Kiel backs off on IU commitment