Thread: Favorite athletes

Default Re: Favorite athletes

Wrestling - Kenny Monday
    Football - Dan Marino, Ronnie Lott
    Baseball - George Brett
    Hockey - Mario Lemieux
    Basketball - MJ, The Big Aristotle

Wrestling: Daniel Igali, Gia Sissouri, the Saitiev brothers, Alexander Karelin.
    Hockey: Wayne Gretzky, Ryan Smyth, Sidney Crosby

I don't really watch the others, except for the odd football game.

So far, two catagories have kind of suprised me. The first is wrestling. No love for John Smith or Cael? The second is football. I would have bet the house that there would be a few votes for Montana and Rice by now.

Baseball - Lou Gehrig
    Football - Gale Sayers
    Basketball - huh?
    Wrestling - this will shock a few - The Darrian Caldwell Show - when he was on, wrestling took on a whole new style.
    Hockey - boooooooooooooooring
    Lacrosse - Jim Brown, Syracuse / Cleveland Browns
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

RYou, it's hard to believe you say hockey is boring.

I'd rather watch hockey than baseball, lacrosse, college football, most NFL games, college football, etc. I've been a hockey fan for over 25 years, and the game is the best it's ever been.

Every sport has it's dull moments & exciting moments. In the USA people watch more NFL then the other 3 major sports combined. That should speak volumes about what folks here are into. To me there isn't too much more exciting of a sports event then going to Beaver Stadium on a Fall Saturday. I think like most Football fans most of watch the NBA or NHL in the playoffs or game 6s or 7s. Having been to the Olympics I have to say that those were exciting events & I also enjoy UEFA Champions League & EPL.

Lately I have been watching a lot of Jose Reyes, really having a great year.

Dan Henderson, Gable, Brands brothers and John Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    EPL.

Lately I have been watching a lot of Jose Reyes, really having a great year.
    What is EPL? And I don't know if you heard, but Reyes just got put on the DL. He is in the midst of an MVP-like season and a contract year. Hope it doesn't affect him too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Laynerz View Post
    Dan Henderson, Gable, Brands brothers and John Smith.
    Have you ever actually seen Dan Henderson wrestle? I can't find any videos. Please hook me up with some if you can.