Thread: This years MVP's for Major League Baseball

Default This years MVP's for Major League Baseball

I think A-Rod definitely gets the nod in the A.L. and David Wright was the frontrunner in the N.L. but after the historical collapse by the Mets how do you think it will effect his chances?

Default Re: This years MVP's

Brother Porzart,
    Don't think Wright's chances are real good anymore. Man, talk about the bottom rotting out of the bucket! Perhaps they can give Reyes the Anti-MVP! My best bet for NL MVP would be Jimmy Rollins. Prince Fielder was my other thought, but he will be negatively affected by the Brewers flat-lining. Besides, what he said about his own father was pretty low in the eyes of many sportswriters.

Think anyone will vote in Bonds for Comeback-Player-of-the-Year? 28 hrs, 278BA and still leading the majors in walks is pretty good for a 43 yr.od just coming off of season cancelling knee surgery last year. Too many haters among the sportswriters to pull this one off IMO.

Olympic Champ

I agree Wright is out of the running.

The NL MVP will be Rollins, Fielder, or Holliday, all worthy candidates--none clearly standing out from the others.

I probably would have voted for Holliday (anytime you win two of the three triple crown categories....). However, I predict Rollins will be selected.

AL will be Rodriguez no doubt, although Ordonez definitely had an MVP-like year too.

AL: A Rod
    NL: J Rol, or the Prince

NL ROY: Geovany Soto

NL BVP (Bluestater's Valuable Player: Matt Murton

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO View Post
    Brother Porzart,
    Don't think Wright's chances are real good anymore. Man, talk about the bottom rotting out of the bucket! Perhaps they can give Reyes the Anti-MVP! My best bet for NL MVP would be Jimmy Rollins. Prince Fielder was my other thought, but he will be negatively affected by the Brewers flat-lining. Besides, what he said about his own father was pretty low in the eyes of many sportswriters.

Think anyone will vote in Bonds for Comeback-Player-of-the-Year? 28 hrs, 278BA and still leading the majors in walks is pretty good for a 43 yr.od just coming off of season cancelling knee surgery last year. Too many haters among the sportswriters to pull this one off IMO.
    I'll hedge a guess that the Philly vote gets spread too thin leaving Rollins, Ryan Howard and Chase Utley out in left field so to speak.

I'll lay my bet on Matt Holliday from the Rockies.

That is a good point, all three of those guys were huge for the Phillies and all will likely get votes.