Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals: Heat v. Mavericks Discussion

Default NBA Finals: Heat v. Mavericks Discussion

Kicks off this Tuesday in a rematch of the 06 final where (with copious help from the officials) Dwyane Wade pretty much beat the Mavericks by himself in games 3-6.

I'll be really interested to see who winds up guarding Dirk when the Mavs have the ball (I'm guessing it might be LeBron) and LeBron (not as much guessing here, will probably be Shawn Marion) when the Heat are on offense.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: NBA Finals: Heat v. Mavericks Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Kicks off this Tuesday in a rematch of the 06 final where (with copious help from the officials) Dwyane Wade pretty much beat the Mavericks by himself in games 3-6.

I'll be really interested to see who winds up guarding Dirk when the Mavs have the ball (I'm guessing it might be LeBron) and LeBron (not as much guessing here, will probably be Shawn Marion) when the Heat are on offense.
    You are right about the officials, that was egregious.

I think you'll see lots of people on Dirk. They won't put Lebron on him the entire time as you want to keep him fresh.

Remember in the 06 Finals Haslem bullied Dirk around, so look for Udonis(DNA) to take some of the responsibility.

The Heat will struggle defending the point, and I think JJ Bereas speed will give them problems whenever he is in.

Matrix will probably be on Lebron for the majority of the series. He did an admirable job on Durant, but Lebron is obviously a more daunting task.

The Mavs may be the underdogs here, but for whatever reason, I think they are so much better offensively than the Heat(not that they necessarily have better offensive players , they have a better gameplan, schemes, etc.) that I think they take this series.

I think Wade is a bit dinged up, and Bosh Spice has been known to disappear in games.

The Mavs were underdogs in most of their series(including against Portland where almost every ESPN analyst wrote them off) but sweeping the Lakers and handling the Thunder(who appear to be the future of the WC) has impressed me enough.

That being said I'll pick the Mavs to take it all.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

NCAA Champ

Mavs in 6 games.

I've got the Heatles in 6.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    The Heat will struggle defending the point, and I think JJ Bereas speed will give them problems whenever he is in.
    Will be interested to see what the Heat do when the Mavs go small with two of Kidd, Terry, and Barrea in at the same time. Figure Wade will guard one and then they'll probably use Chalmers a lot because any of those guys (especially Terry and Barrea) would torch Mike Bibby
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Bibby has been nearly useless. His only plus was that he could shoot. He can't even shoot anymore and he's garbage on D. I think their point guard issues will hurt the heat(though Lebron is a fantastic distributor)

Pippen saying that LeBron was better then Jordan...Hey MJ always worked on his game. That is what made the GOAT.

If LeBron wants that mantle he will have to guard Dirk but I don't think that will happen all the time. If the Heat want to win they will have to rotate D off of him & keep LeBron fresh. Just remember though how James made DRose disappear it the ECF. Rose got the reg season MVP LeBron that should have but James has been the better in the post season leading Miami in all the stats except rebounding, where Bosh has him by 1. SO LJ & the HEat shutting down Dirk will be one of the keys for them.

Dirk is a bigger man then Rose obviously & he will be very determined NOT to have a repeat of 2006. Dallas has done well from 3 pt land & they have had a pretty good Defense. But I don't know who can stop James & Wade from driving to the basket for 4 of 7 games.

Miami has home court but to win in 6 means winning in the Big D. I think no one is stopping the LJ train. Miami in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Pippen saying that LeBron was better then Jordan...Hey MJ always worked on his game. That is what made the GOAT.

If LeBron wants that mantle he will have to guard Dirk but I don't think that will happen all the time. If the Heat want to win they will have to rotate D off of him & keep LeBron fresh. Just remember though how James made DRose disappear it the ECF. Rose got the reg season MVP LeBron that should have but James has been the better in the post season leading Miami in all the stats except rebounding, where Bosh has him by 1. SO LJ & the HEat shutting down Dirk will be one of the keys for them.

Dirk is a bigger man then Rose obviously & he will be very determined NOT to have a repeat of 2006. Dallas has done well from 3 pt land & they have had a pretty good Defense. But I don't know who can stop James & Wade from driving to the basket for 4 of 7 games.

Miami has home court but to win in 6 means winning in the Big D. I think no one is stopping the LJ train. Miami in 5.
    Lebron guarding Dirk will be nothing like Lebron guarding Rose. Rose can't shoot to begin with.(39% for the entire playoffs) Dirk can score in a variety of ways, so if Dirk scores on Lebron it's not an indictment on Lebrons D. Bill Russell is widely regarded as the greatest defender ever and Wilt had some of his all time games when Russell guarded him(including the 55 rebound game)

I think Dallas is going to win it for whatever reason.

LeBron had a HELLACIOUS slam earlier tonight.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...