Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals: Heat v. Mavericks Discussion

Default Re: NBA Finals: Heat v. Mavericks Discussion

Yes, I would favor the Heat to win two at home over the Mavs.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Yes, I would favor the Heat to win two at home over the Mavs.
    If only we had some sort of recent history to look back on to see how two games at Miami would play out...hmm..
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    If only we had some sort of recent history to look back on to see how two games at Miami would play out...hmm..
    You're right. The Game 2 situation is totally likely to repeat itself. Teams come back from down 15 with 6 minutes left against awesome defensive teams all the time.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

You're right. The Game 2 situation is totally likely to repeat itself. Teams come back from down 15 with 6 minutes left against awesome defensive teams all the time.
    You make it sound as though Dallas HAS to be down 15 with six minutes to go in one of those games.

They did the exact same thing against the Thunder, a pretty stout defensive team in their own right.

You fail to mention that while Miami is a great defensive team, they can be offensively extremely inefficient and disorganized. That has been a constant the entire year, and it is that, not their defense that lead to that comeback, not repeated defensive breakdowns.

OKC is a "pretty stout defensive team"? Not in the NBA they aren't. 15th in Opponent's PPG, 13th in Opp TO's, 13th in Defensive Efficiency...OKC was a mediocre defensive team.

Top half of league. Regardless, i think you are selling the mavs way short here.

I think whoever wins tonite wins it all.

OKC is a "pretty stout defensive team"? Not in the NBA they aren't. 15th in Opponent's PPG, 13th in Opp TO's, 13th in Defensive Efficiency...OKC was a mediocre defensive team.
    OKC was weird, most all of their top guys are all good defensive players on their own but they struggled at times stopping the Mav's as a group.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

That's the series, Miami just a bit better it'd seem.

That was D Wades night and they had no answer for him. Lebron was the quietest I'd seen him in awhile, but he's very comfortable in a secondary role it'd seem.

Big game from Chalmers from 3 was huge. Then Bosh Spice chips in with the game winning bucket.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12