Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pennington vs. Favre

Default Re: Pennington vs. Favre

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Hmm thanks for the stats Zapp, I never realized Favre threw so many interceptions. 29 in one year is insane I cant remember the analysts ever speaking of that though, must of gotten caught up in the talk of his love for the game and how he is always trying to make plays.

Anyway Favre has won one super bowl lets not act like he is Joe Montana cotinually getting the job done. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl too.

Favre is a true warrior the toughest qb to ever play the game and he had a great career but I have seen him cost his team as many games in the playoffs as he won.
    No, the announcers definitely slurp Favre to a huge degree. There's a reason for that, though. He's a warrior, like you said. Most guys aren't like that. You aren't just given rep like that, you earn it. Sure, he's not the same QB he was, but he's still a dynamic performer, and a reputation like that just doesn't disappear as your skills leave you a bit. You get that for life. Namath is still known as Broadway Joe and he was TERRIBLE at the end of his career.

Few more stats for you, Pennington has been to the playoffs 3 times since he got to the league in 2000. He has two wins, and none beyond the Wild Card round. Favre, in that same time frame, went to the playoffs 5 times and had 3 wins, one in the divisional round. Like I said, hindsight's 20/20, but preseason, I'll take Favre everyday. Pennington happened to land in a great situation for him where there wasn't much pressure, and they only wanted him to throw short crossing routes. Good for him, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Obviously Favre is the far more accomplished quarterback no one could argue that. At this point though it is looking better for the Dolphins though as Pennington still has several more years in the league.

Favre may well retire after this year and now the Jets are left looking for a new qb. They rolled the dice and maybe it was worth it as they were a bad team last year but unfortunately it did not get them into the playoffs.

Pennington had looked great early in his career but his shoulder problems really hampered him and limited the type of throws he could make. He seems to be healthy again and maybe like you said the change of scenery could have been a good thing.

Overall I like Favre I just get annoyed at the announcers and analsyts who talk about him nonstop. Obviously that part is not his fault but it would be nice if ever offseason wasnt a soap opera of will he or wont he return.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Obviously Favre is the far more accomplished quarterback no one could argue that. At this point though it is looking better for the Dolphins though as Pennington still has several more years in the league.

Favre may well retire after this year and now the Jets are left looking for a new qb. They rolled the dice and maybe it was worth it as they were a bad team last year but unfortunately it did not get them into the playoffs.

Pennington had looked great early in his career but his shoulder problems really hampered him and limited the type of throws he could make. He seems to be healthy again and maybe like you said the change of scenery could have been a good thing.

Overall I like Favre I just get annoyed at the announcers and analsyts who talk about him nonstop. Obviously that part is not his fault but it would be nice if ever offseason wasnt a soap opera of will he or wont he return.
    Obviously that's where most of the negative attacks come from. It's the same reason why some guys will hate on Troy Nickerson/Brent Metcalf/BJ Penn (just to cross genres), because their fans are so annoying, and some Favre fans have an enormous platform to go on and on about how much they love him. But it irks me that an all-time great type player is disrespected so much because people hate how he's treated by the media. As you said, it's not his fault how the media treats him.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...