Thread: Recipes

Default Recipes

Every so often I manage to come up with something that is good enough that I want to share. Tonight was one of those nights!

Preheat oven to 350
    Stuffed Chicken Breasts
    4 Chicken Breasts
    3 TBN bleu cheese
    3 TBN sour cream
    8 slices bacon, crisp fried and crumbled
    1/4 C Almond Flour (or wheat flour)
    1 C crushed chicarrones (or bread crumbs)
    1 egg beaten
    1 T dried cilantro
    1 T oregano
    1/2 T crushed pepper flakes

Mix bleu cheese, sour cream, bacon, and herbs and set aside

Slit the breasts horizontally to form a pocket. Stuff with cheese-bacon mixture.
    Dredge in flour, egg, and chicarrone crumbs.
    Fry in bacon fat approximately 2 minutes per side.
    Transfer to a baking dish and place in pre-heated oven for approximately 30 minutes. When internal temperature is 145, remove and let stand for 10 minutes.

This was prepared to be as low carbohydrate as possible. If you are not concerned about carbs, then go ahead and use flour and bread crumbs. Although, as done, I really don't think they would be an improvement.

I served this with grilled asparagus, cucumber, tomato and grilled romaine salad, and "two buck chuck" white zinfandel. I did the salad while the chicken was in the oven, grilled the asparagus and romaine while the chicken was standing to come up to temperature. Elegant presentation that I would be willing to serve to Emeril and it was less than 20 minutes prep time. Well, maybe if it were Emeril I would have served a better label wine.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Default Re: Recipes

You had me at bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    You had me at bacon.
    He lost me at the bacon......big FAT no no in this household. What I may do is sear it on a super heated grill.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Also, are you assuming frying will bring the temp of the breast up to 165F? 145F is an insufficient cooking temp for chicken.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

RU - one of the benefits of low-carb diet.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.