Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beer

Default Re: Beer

I think I'm older than probably 75% of the people on this site (obviously not older than Spider though), and I've never seen beer at $3.00 a case. Doesn't deer urine sell for more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I think I'm older than probably 75% of the people on this site (obviously not older than Spider though), and I've never seen beer at $3.00 a case. Doesn't deer urine sell for more than that?
    Oh, yes. Deer urine costs much more than Weideman! Actually, I don't remember how much it cost us back in the 80's, but it wasn't much. That and a beer called Red White and Blue. No matter how broke we were, it always seemed like we had enough money for a case of one of those two.

We used to get Old Milwaukee Pounders...16 ozers.. a case of 9 was like $9.99 in 1983 I think...when we were broke which was often. Also all you can drink nights every Thursday $3 at the door 9 pm to midnight always helped the budget. It was Iron City Lite which we called Panther Piss....

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Wait - was the case $3.00 or was the difference $3.00?
    $3 a case

Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Old Bohemian - $2.75 per case, Wild Irish Rose wine - $2.50 per gallon. Baltimore, 1968. Ten cent draft at the NCO club, quarter for a mixed drink. If I remember correctly, it was .35 for a pitcher at the 1 - 2 - 3 club (lower ranking enlisted men). I remember coming back from Nam wanting a draft beer. They charged me .50 at the airport bar (SFX). I thought they had lost their minds. Paid it though.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    Baltimore, 1968.
    I know this is off subject, but did you get to go to the ball games and watch Brooks Robinson and Frank Robinson? While drinking some Old Bohemian (look at that. I brought it back to the subject.)

That team, in 1970, was one of the best of all time. Until the Big Red Machine, of course.

The Os had the best pitching staff in Baseball for years: Cuellar, McNally, Palmer. I believe they beat the Reds in 71 after losing to the Rheingold drinking Miracle Mets, (Seaver, Koosman, Gentry AND NOLAN RYAN) & pre-we are family Iron City drinking Buccos (Blass, Ellis, Giusti) in successive years. Then came the incredible A's with Catfish & Rollie Fingers before the Reds ever showed up again. They only guy I remember from the Red's staff was Dave Nolan but that line up was awesome with Rose, Perez Morgan, Foster, Tolan & Bench. Oh the Mets beat them too in 73.

back to the BEER
    Another Popular item in those years at Penn State was going to the Rathskellar where you could order a case of PONIES (24 7 oz little green bottles of ROLLING ROCK of Larobe PA, birthplace or Arnold Palmer) for just a few bucks & then take it back to your booth or seat & drink them with your buddies with the large sturdy card board box on your table. Toughest case of beer ever I think...

We could go to Special Services and they would give us tickets to the Orioles and the Colts. Usually really good seats. Sure made for a cheap date.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

[QUOTE=kr1963;400618]
    The Os had the best pitching staff in Baseball for years: Cuellar, McNally, Palmer.
    And the oftern forgotten about Pat Dobson. I think he was one of the guys who won 20 games when the other three did. I think that was either the only or the last team to have four 20 game winners on it.

I believe they beat the Reds in 71
    They beat the Reds in 1970. That was before Sparky and the Joe Morgan trade, though. They lost to the Pirates in 71.

Then came the incredible A's with Catfish & Rollie Fingers before the Reds ever showed up again.
    The Reds showed up in 1972. They lost to the A's, but it was a 4-3 series, so they were there.

They only guy I remember from the Red's staff was Dave Nolan but that line up was awesome with Rose, Perez Morgan, Foster, Tolan & Bench.
    They had Don Gullet, Wayne Simpson and Rawley Eastwick (reliever) too. But, and I remember this from hundreds of games of wiffle ball. We had to imitate the batters and the game was always 1975 Reds vs Boston. The lineup was Rose, Griffey (sr.), Morgan, Bench, Perez, Foster, Concepcion, Geronimo. Best team ever!

back to the BEER
    Since you have been around the world, I am sure you've tried sake. What is good and what is not? And could you compare the taste to something I might know?