Thread: Woman Videotapes 2x4 Crashing Through Car Windshield

Default Woman Videotapes 2x4 Crashing Through Car Windshield

Watch: Woman Videotapes 2x4 Crashing Through Car Windshield

Updated: Wednesday, 06 Apr 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
    Published : Wednesday, 06 Apr 2011, 9:07 AM EDT

(NewsCore) - It has been labeled the "most terrifying car accident ever recorded on tape" -- and despite suggestions it may have been a prank, the clip of a plank flying into a car's windscreen on a North Carolina highway was on Tuesday revealed to be no joke.

Wendy Cobb, from Shelby, N.C., told auto blog Jalopnik.com she was filming two vehicles playing a dangerous game of "cat and mouse" on her camera phone, with the intention of sending the footage to the companies that own the trucks.

Then suddenly the two-by-four plank of wood crashed through the windshield.

"The two-by-four was in the road, along with several others, but when the truck in front of me hit it, and then his trailer hit it, it just propelled it into me," Cobb said.

"I don't know why I didn't scream or cuss or cry, I guess just pure shock, I could barely form words to call 911.

"But I most definitely know how lucky I was. Damage was mostly the hood and windshield, again, very lucky."

As the accident occurred last Friday -- April 1 -- many people had first assumed the video was an April Fools' Day prank, but police have verified Cobb's story.

No one was hurt in the accident.

Cobb said she posted the video online because her son wanted to see if they could get more than 1,000 hits, but she was forced to disable the comments after she was criticized for filming while driving.

More than one million viewers have watched the 40-second video on the blog and more than 300,000 have viewed it on YouTube.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Default Re: Woman Videotapes 2x4 Crashing Through Car Windshield

Wow. Good thing no one was in the passenger seat.

Wow! I thought that a 2x4 was going to come off of the truck bed (I didn't read the story before watching the video) and when it came off the road I nearly pissed my pant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

A prime example why one should maintain a safe following distance.

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    A prime example why one should maintain a safe following distance.
    Well you're quite the buzz kill. Why go throwing in rational thought? The chick was trying to get THE SHOT, man. lol

BTW, I would have given off a high-pitched scream that probably would have been confused with a 12yr old girl. That lady has some serious stones considering how she handled it.

Err sorry...

Her following distance is what got my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    Err sorry...

Her following distance is what got my attention.
    My thought too being a Manager of on road drivers!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	random_06.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	2913
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    My thought too being a Manager of on road drivers!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	random_06.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	2913
    Do people ever actually call those numbers that say "If I'm driving bad call..."? If so, are they usually so mad that you can't reason with them? (I am assuming that is the type of thing you might have to deal with, among others.) I've always wondered who calls those numbers. I've also wondered what type of person actually brings a sharpie to the bathroom stall, but that is for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Do people ever actually call those numbers that say "If I'm driving bad call..."? If so, are they usually so mad that you can't reason with them? (I am assuming that is the type of thing you might have to deal with, among others.)
    We do not have those numbers on the back of the trucks, but we get some interesting callers. Most times we get calls and they can't even tell us what color the truck was. Actually had someone call to complain about a UPS truck.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I've always wondered who calls those numbers. I've also wondered what type of person actually brings a sharpie to the bathroom stall, but that is for another thread.
    WOW.......TMI!!!!
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...