Thread: Miriales of Modern Medicine

Default Miriales of Modern Medicine

I went in for my surgery Monday at about 10 AM, and was released from the hospital Tuesday before 11. Other than gas pains (nuclear level gas pains) I feel fine. Every once in a while I go in and look at my belly in the mirror (don't tell me I'm not brave!) to convince myself that someone actually poked a bunch of holes in me - really minimal discomfort.
    It is astounding to me that doctors could cut holes me, remove parts, patch me up, and send me home in 24 hours feeling no worse than I do. Absolutely astounding!

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Default Re: Miricles of Modern Medicine

Glad you made it through relatively unscathed.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011

Thank you. The entire process should have been filmed as an example of what happens when everything goes right. The hospital staff were wonderful - other than an absolutely religious (St. Kaiser of Permanente?) dedication to not allowing me to sleep. They were friendly, cheerful, and, from what I could tell, professionally competent. If the food were a little better (and I could get an indulgence on the sleep deprivation) I would book my next vacation there.

I'm also glad everything went well for you. A year and a half ago I had major shoulder surgery done arthroscopically, and today I can hardly find the scars.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Was this for tumor removed M?

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Was this for tumor removed M?
    Yeah, I had the prostate removed. I had a lot of options - this looked the best. I am now anxiously awaiting news on what/how severe the side-effects are going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    Yeah, I had the prostate removed. I had a lot of options - this looked the best. I am now anxiously awaiting news on what/how severe the side-effects are going to be.
    I am sorry you had to go through that & I wish you the best in the surgical recovery. Keep us posted as far as the continued prognosis goes.

I don't know what it means to no longer have a prostate exactly BUT I would suggest Vitamin C IV drips to help the immune system & increase the antioxidant activity in the body as well as Glutathione, IP6 (inositol, found in Lecithin) & L-arginine supplementation. There are a few docs I know in SoCal that could help you with that if you wanted.

Thanks. I'll let you know.