Thread: Sf Giants Cut Ties With Bonds!

Default Sf Giants Cut Ties With Bonds!

Most folks are probably aware by now that the SF Giants announced last night that they would not offer Barry Bonds a new contract for next season.
    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg.../MN7CSCBAT.DTL
    After 15 years, numerous records and not a little bit of controversy to boot, Barry will being playing for a different ball club, if at all, next year.

I've certainly made my admiration for Barry clear on this forum, so my disappointment is not big news. What really bugs me though, is the fact that as a SF Giant fan for nearly 40 years, I have had to deal with their knuckleheaded management cutting my favorite players at the end of their careers time after time. Willie Mays, Bobby Bonds, Willie McCovey, Gaylord Perry, Juan Marichal, Jack Clark, Will Clark, Jeff Leonard, Matt Williams.... Man, kicks my inner 8-yr old fan hard in the gut!

Must say, it makes it hard for a brother to keep sticking with a team that has never won a world series. Not sure if I can do it anymore.

Default Re: Sf Giants Cut Ties With Bonds!

Bonds is old and slow and wants a huge salary. If you really want to build a winning team you cant pay Bonds $20 mil that could go to 2 or 3 better players.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

He just can't play full time anymore as an outfielder. He'll be a DH somewhere for a couple more yrs.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrastler118 View Post
    He just can't play full time anymore as an outfielder. He'll be a DH somewhere for a couple more yrs.
    I agree.

Probably a DH on a west coast team

Oakland is just right across the Bay. Bonds is actually Billy Beane's type of player, in that he has a high OPS, high on-base percentage, and he rarely strikes out.

If Beane can some how grab the pile of money necessary to sign him, Oakland would be an ideal place for Bonds to finish his career