Thread: Move Over Payless ... Buy One Dodge Ram, Get One Free

Default Move Over Payless ... Buy One Dodge Ram, Get One Free

Here is info on one of several recent car deals where you buy one and get another free. Saw one where you buy a Ram get another Ram; one where you buy a Nissan Titan, get a Nissan Versa; buy a Chrysler Pacifica, get a PT Cruiser.

http://consumerist.com/5095746/buy-o...m-get-one-free

Supposedly, dealers have tried this kind of deal in the past, but I've never seen it before now.

Shea Stadium
    1964 - 2008

http://www.theopenmat.com/

Default Re: Move Over Payless ... Buy One Dodge Ram, Get One Free

KIA has been running deals like this for about three years now.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

I kinda liked the idea in the adjacent link. The local Mom and Pops stores are taking a bigger beating than the national chains and may soon be lost to the overall economy. I'll go to the local grocery store and deli before heading a box store or chain supermarket. I may pay a little more but I'll save it in gas, wear and tear, and time. Besides I know them by name and they know me.

Neighborhoods Propose Printing Their Own Currency To Encourage Local Shopping By Meg Marco, 2:14 PM on Thu Dec 4 2008, 3,683 views
    Two neighborhoods in Milwaukee are considering printing their own currency, which could be bought with U.S. dollars, but would be only accepted at local businesses, in order to encourage people to shop at home instead of Walmart.

It's not a new concept — the Chicago Tribune says that lots of towns and neighborhoods relied on their own local currency during the Great Depression. It's also perfectly legal.

So what's the advantage for shoppers? Well, the currency could offer incentives — trading $100 US for $110 in the local currency would give shoppers a 10% bonus, for example.

What do you think? Would you use a local currency in order to support your community? Or are you going to shop at Walmart until they pry the cart from your cold dead hands?
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

I hate Walmart with a passion!
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Until they sell Fruit Smiles at other stores, I will always have to go to Walmart for one thing
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!